Would you let it live?

by JH 41 Replies latest social humour

• restrangled
    restrangled

Burn.....those are the EXACT stinkers I am talking about! I had one with a sack of babies in a hallway. From 15 feet I didn't see the spider but could see the sack and thought it was one of my husband's golf balls. I had just cleaned and was furious to see one more item I had to pick up. (These beasts are Florida specials)

I went charging down the hallway and realized there was something over the "Golf Ball".......God help me, it was one of those spiders and it tore into the bathroom. I slammed the door and called for help. In the mean time I ran for a can of Raid and sprayed until I was passing out from the fumes. When help arrived the mother spider was dead but there were babies crawling every where over white tile.

The worst nightmare I have ever LIVED!!!!!!

r.

• Not Feeling It
    Not Feeling It

Wow, Burn, is that your hand with the spider or is it a picture you got off the Innernets? I've seen some big ones during my turn in north Florida but nothing quite like the beasts you apparently have in S Fla. Yike.

We have quite a population of Black Widows in eastern TN. Gloves: Don't garden without them!

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

Wow, Burn, is that your hand with the spider or is it a picture you got off the Innernets? I've seen some big ones during my turn in north Florida but nothing quite like the beasts you apparently have in S Fla. Yike.

We have quite a population of Black Widows in eastern TN. Gloves: Don't garden without them!

Innernets. I can get you some pics if you like. I love wildlife photography. We have black widows here too. They seem to love the portolets at construction sites. "Look before you sit". Burn

• Free
    Free

Anything bigger than a U.S. quarter in my place and that shit is dead. Except of course for bees,ticks and those blood sucking needles, They don't have a chance if I find them.

• wings
    wings

waking up in the night because a big spider is crawling across your face is an experience not easily forgotten. Involves lots of screaming, stripping off of clothes and bedding. A real awakening so to speak.

• JH
    JH
    waking up in the night because a big spider is crawling across your face is an experience not easily forgotten.

I thought they were afraid of us......

Anyways, my bed is about 20 feet away from where the spider is, so I'm OK, I think....

• wings
    wings
    my bed is about 20 feet away from where the spider is, so I'm OK

Think about where it might be at 2am, 20 ft. isn't that far for a thing with eight legs.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

I spiders

• JH
    JH

The only things that give me goose bumps are frogs and lizards. I don't care about flies or spiders.

If I see a frog , I'll back up many yards and even cross the street. YUCK

• restrangled
    restrangled

Wow JH, I have many frogs and lizards in my back yard. I mean huge tree frogs that the dogs hate, and lizards that run everywhere. I know they are eating roaches, spiders, fleas, flies, and anything else I really don't want to deal with. The frogs only come out at night and the lizards couldn't be bothered with humans. Neither come in the house or bite. They keep their place and do their job.

Spiders on the other hand have no hesitation about entering a home and scaring the shxt out of the owner. They crawl into beds, reproduce in the house and here in Florida can cause heart palpatations for those who run into the suckers! They are venemous nasty beasts.

r.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit