Were You Skeptical of "the Annointed Ones" in Your Congregation?

by BabaYaga 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

There was one in the first hall I can remember. She was old as dirt had a teenage son and was married. I was always scared of her she looked crazy and she tried to sing those damned kingdom song like an opera singer She had a horrible voice, always sang to loudest, always wore her glasses perched on the tip of her nose and was about 6'2" tall.

She really looked scary!

nj

• nbernat
    nbernat

I'm the only anointed in our Hall. And I'm a teenager.

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

I remember one guy in his 80s. He always wore his suit and tie every ware. And I mean every ware. Went to a picnic there he was. He would walk along side of a river near his house there he is in his suit and tie. Very strange! Im sure he will not go hunting with me.

• shopaholic
    shopaholic

I've known several folks that claimed to be of the "anoited" and they were all nut jobs. Just plain crazy. One claimed that Jehovah communicated with her.

• blondie
    blondie

I knew several that were in their 60's when I was a teenager. I didn't find them much different than any nonanointed at the same age. What I found hard to deal with is GC jws who felt the anointed were holier than the rest of the rank and file. The ones I knew said that the requirements were the same, that they didn't have any special insight independent of the "organization." I know there were some that said they did, but not the ones I knew.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit