Were You Skeptical of "the Annointed Ones" in Your Congregation?

by BabaYaga 24 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Sorry in advance to all of the ones on this forum now, who partook while JW.

I have to say that in my experience, having known personally several who were "of the Annointed", most were absolutely DINGY. The only exception was the little ancient gal who had attended the EARLY convention where all attendees were "Annointed" en masse! Basically, as she was in the "right place at the right time", she had been "Annointed" most of her life.

Did you look at these wacky ones with doubt? Did you feel bad for doing so? Did you ever voice these doubts in a catty whisper, and then immediately feel the need for a disclaimer and a "wait on Jehovah" bandage? Did you wonder what they had that you didn't? Did you wonder what that would feel like? Did you think, "There is just no WAY Jehovah would have chosen him/her!!!"

'Fess up!!!

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Baba,

Actually my step-father claims to be of the anointed...

so I felt for a long time...

"There is just no WAY Jehovah would have chosen him/her!!!"

Because of some of his seemingly unchristian ways...

But now I know its just not true.

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Wow, Awakened... I cannot IMAGINE being RAISED by someone who partook! Wow.

None that I knew had kids... well one did, she still had one left at home. It boggles the mind.

Cheers!
    Baba.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    Did you look at these wacky ones with doubt

Most definitely, we had 4 in one congregation, 2 are dead, one is ill, one is my age. How did we come to deserve

so many???? Apparently we must live in "God's Country". I had some deep questions about the one my age. One of

the older partakers sat down and talked with him to determine if he was of the annointed, then determined that he was.

(Like she had some personal link to God to give him God's blessing to go ahead.) This was before the the 1935 teaching was

changed to include younger ones. (maybe 10 years ago?)

hope4others

• ohiocowboy
    ohiocowboy

My Aunt has claimed to be annointed for over 30 years. She is one of the most manipulative people you would ever know. Her Brother(My Uncle) was gay. When he was alive, she would visit him during the holidays and her birthday, knowing that he would buy her gifts. He was very wealthy, and she would get new cars, a free house, lots of cash, new clothes, etc. She would even give him Xmas and birthday presents in return. My uncle thought it was the most hypocritical thing for my aunt to do, and would laugh that she claimed to be annointed. My uncle had a publishing company, and used to publish a gay magazine. When he died, he left 51% of it to her, and she was more than happy to be getting monthly checks from the profits, and even tried to sue to get control of even more money. At one point, she was added in the magazine disclaimer as the Publisher of the magazine-which technically she was, and she had a HUGE fit that her name was on the magazine. She tried once again to sue, but she couldn't win as she was really the publisher. The other people working at the magazine agreed to mail copies of the magazine with her name on it to her Congregation. I don't know whatever happened, as I have no contact with any part of that side of family. Too funny.

So yes, I am skeptical of those who claim to be annointed...(Waves hello to Aunt Joyce in Mt. Dora)

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

no anointed in the last two congos I have been in

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

The only person I ever knew who was "anointed" was a complete off the wall nutjob... she was totally irredeemably batshit insane.

She claimed that "the Prince of Bulgaria" had proposed to her, but she turned him down, and now he had spies after her that watched her every move and reported it to him. And he sent her letters all the time begging her to marry him.

She used to give out "gifts" like empty kleenex boxes or scribbled-in notepads that she had obviously pulled out of a garbage can to the kids in her hall.

One time she cornered me after a funeral and started talking and food kept spewing out of her mouth. (This was when I got the story about the Prince of Bulgaria). I got the hell out of there as soon as I could.

She was about 70 years old yet she looked really young, had more energy than any human being I have ever seen, and was FREAKISHLY strong. It was an unnatural energy though. I mean it was quite frightening. More superstitous people than I would probably say she was possessed.

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

The only people who I ever saw partaking were so old their senility was in question, or they were in off the street and didn't know proper JW Christ-denying protocol.

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

The last 6 I knew were all females. One was late 40's,emtional problems. Next, late 30's, had an infant die. Next, mid 30's, Chet lemon's wife, Valerie. Next, late teens, wore wite gloves, white shoes, white evreything. Next mid 30's, had been raised a dub, never active as a youth, played organised sports at school. Married a MS and BAM! She's annointed. Last, mid 20's, newly baptised, hippie type, moved 200 miles away. We ran inot her at a ski resort party. Asked her how the truth was, she stated " Well, it didn't work out."

The first 4 all attended the same cong. # actually at the same time. True story. Must have been something in the water.Kinda like when all the sisters in the cong get prgnant at the same time.

NMG

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

I am loving these stories, kids, keep 'em comin'!

Ohio, your Aunt sounds like a real piece o' work!

Doom your story made me laugh out loud, oh dear gods... an empty Kleenex box!? HA!!!

Interesting you knew so many young ones, NoMore... even one in her teens... yes you are right, that must have been the water.

Keep 'em comin'!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit