My Diagnosis and long term Prognosis ..............

by nomoreguilt 16 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Yes, I have what is called C.R.S. It has been coming on rather slowly but still it is quite rapidly moving on. It started a few years ago, I am 58 , and up until a few months ago hadn't seemed too serious. Now , however, I am concerned.

C.R.S. is in laymans terms actually , CAN'T REMEMBER SHIT!!!!!!

And this is my 1000th post and I couldn't resist but to get all of your attention.

So, how do you like them APPLES????

LMAO

NMG

• ninja
    ninja

piss off ....I don't care about you.......you might get annoyed at that statement......but you won't remember it tomorrow.....he he.....cheers mate....da ninja

• ninja
    ninja

congrats on your 1000th post sir

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Well, thank you ninja!!! I appreciate your humour as it fits mine also. I understand the brit sense of humour and the term ....piss off. It's all encompassing and gets the pount across quite well. In my past marriage my ex was from S. Africa and she was born in Wales. We were married in Wales and I have numerous former in-laws with a similar sense of humour. So, I shall take it all in stride my friend.

NMG

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

CRS - now what does that mean again? I swear I was paying attention, it just slipped my memory.

• AWAKE&WATCHING
    AWAKE&WATCHING

lol @ all of you!!!

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

Did you remember to put your pants on before you went and got the newspaper? I seen an older lady come outside in her grannie panties and fiddle around in the yard for a bit before she went back inside. I know she, probably, didn't even notice that she didn't have a robe on.

I put salt in the refrigerator and laundry too! No, I'm exaggerating! I think! My biggest fear is that I will stop talking like my aunt and uncle did. Sometimes, I just don't care to talk. I hate talking on the phone. My aunt and uncle stopped talking at very early ages...

• juni
    juni

LMAO with all of you! I can sooooo relate.. I piss myself off.

• HB
    HB

Being seroius for a moment.......

NMG....from what you said to Ninja, do I take it that "piss off" is not in regular current usage in the US?

Just curious.

You're right that British humour is quite different to American style fun, we like irony, but it doesn't seem to go down so easily in the US of A,

There's only on thing Brits love better than having a laugh at the Yanks which is poking fun at the Frogs (French).... no offence intended!

I am sure the feeling is mutual,

Do some Americans really believe in the charicature of the eccentric stiff upper lipped englishman in his tweed jacket speaking in a clipped accent and using phrases such as "Jolly good show!" (This gent obviously lives in an oak-beamed mansion or a black and white tudor cottage).

Some people* over here genuinely do think all Americans are loud, brash, impatient and ignorant, carry guns, drive ridiculously large cars, don't understand queuing and eat too much!

*(not me I hasten to add before you send the heavy mob round!)

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

HB,

Welcome to the board!!!

I can speak from both perspectives since I was born a Brit and raised in the US. I agree with much of your characterizations of those people living on the west side of the Atlantic....

You should start a thread about this...

BTW, NMG...

What was this thread about again????

bttt

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit