JW Secret Police

by outofthebox 34 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover
    When they really, really want to know what is going on, they send in this agent:

I was thinking more of Barney Fife...

I've seen "Special Needs Elders" come in to congregations to "clean" them up. Usually it was when there was some serious problems within the congregation or elder body. Usually there was some major wrongdoing and coverup. Of the cases that I've seen the congregations were happy when the new elders came in and cleaned house.

I don't remember them weeding out apostates or dissidents as much as they were trying to make sure the KH was run by Society standards (in their words: "keeping the congregation clean and above reproach". I bet a "Special Needs" group has never been sent to KHs with child abuse issues).

• lesterd
    lesterd

Oh yes, many times they are those who show up in a congregation, as serving where the need is great, is one cover, the other are brothers specically assigned to "help" a troubled congregation. My brother-n-law was one of those, strong judicial actions came from the borg based on his reports to them. Beware all the reassigned bethelites coming into your congregations.

• Open mind
    Open mind

Decades ago, (50s, 60s, maybe 70s?) the Society used guys called "Sharpshooters" according to a few stories I've heard. (I think "Sharpshooter" was an unofficial term.) I know one guy who was supposedly a Sharpshooter. He had to be willing to move around the country at the direction of the Borg. This guy moved around with wife and kids in tow. Must have been great for the kids.

Anbody else heard of "Sharpshooters"?

OM

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

I've heard of COs that were specifically sent to certain circuits to "clean-up". In at least one instance, I've seen these "enforcer" COs take on some pretty powerful elders (city overseers with GB connections and the like). I've also seen these guys transfer local elders into congregations that need "help" (read - help in complying with the WTS guidelines). But, I've never heard of an arrangement where the WTS sends individual elders to certain spots. Quite frankly, I doubt there are that many that the WTS would even trust. Plus, if they did trust them, there's no way a person would keep quiet about being on the JW version of the SS. Talk about a "privilege".

Isn't the CO enough?

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

You are all under arrest! Please report to you closest local congregation immediately!

Quirky1

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit