DID ANY OF YOU actually bring anybody into "the truth" from scratch?

by journey-on 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• RR
    RR

Yep, I WHOLE family of six, and when we left they left with us. They eventually became Adventist!

RR

• bisous
    bisous

Sadly, my now dead husband.

Funny, just last week I was clearing out some boxes and found his copy of the NWT. My heart was heavy with guilt as I read his annotations on the filler pages, short phrases or even just one word with a scripture.

I found the courage to throw it away. To me, it was a way of letting myself know I didn't have to keep that reminder of my misguided actions anymore. Guess I finally feel I've paid my retribution somehow.

sigh.

• Mr. Majestic
    Mr. Majestic

Never brought anybody into the "truth" from scratch.

Had much more success taking people out. Why is the aposta-ministry soooo much more fun.....!!

• Satanus
    Satanus

No, i didn't. They guy that pulled us in brought in many people. 'Course, he was a used car salesman.

S

• White Dove
    White Dove

No. I was very bad at it. I felt so incompetent and stupid. I guess what it was is that I never truly believed what I was saying and the other people at the door made more sense than I did. I couldn't fight their logic even though I "knew" they were wrong.

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yes, four. I've always been close to all of them. I have one out, and not sure about the rest. If they know my status, I know they would be very sad, as I am for them still in. I hope they look me up sometime so I can educate them on some new light.

I think I was a little instrumental on helping a few out, which makes me very happy. I'm sure a few more will also leave...just a matter of time, and this case in Murrieta will do it's magic .

• greenhornet
    greenhornet

Back in 1956 there was a knock on the door. My Mom started a study, baptized in summer of 57 and my dad baptized at the big 1958 convention. I was 7 years old.

• Narkissos
    Narkissos

Never all the way from "scratch" to baptism, but I did start at least four BS whom I know became JWs eventually (I contacted them all when I left, but afaik they are still in).

But there might be more. On the day I went to the French Bethel to get the last things I had left there, just after being df'd, I noticed one new guy there whose face was familiar. Later I remembered he was a "BS" I started shortly before going to Bethel, 6 years earlier. We hadn't kept in touch and I had no idea he had become a Witness in the meantime... strange feeling.

• ESTEE
    ESTEE

My two children . . . and they are still in, shunning me. I trust that one day they will take their blinders off and see some light.

ESTEE

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Not only did I not bring anyone in, but I took one out. Someone was just starting to attend the boasting sessions, and I referred them to an apostate web site. That study read the apostate site and got the willies about the witlesses. And that was the end of that study.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit