DID ANY OF YOU actually bring anybody into "the truth" from scratch?

by journey-on 22 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• journey-on
    journey-on

In all my years of JWing, I never actually brought anyone up to the stage of baptism.

I had Bible Studies occasionally, but they usually fizzled out after a while. I can't think

of more than a small handful of witnesses that ever actually got a study from door-to-door

field service and brought them all the way into the org. When I think about the congregations

I've been associated with, most are made up of just a few families and their relatives. Our new

baptisms were mostly the kids of those families...very seldom anyone from scratch. What was

your experience? Maybe my indoctrination technique was faulty.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

No. I only got one "study" started, and that fizzled after the first session. And I never had any interest in starting any, either.

Thank [the Watchtower] Satan I never brought anyone into the cancer by myself.

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

nope not from scratch

the one person I did study with (it was passed on to me) got disfellowshipped

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

No -I have had studies but thankfully never brought anyone in

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

my mom and dad were "from scratch" witnesses...contacted in door-to-door by special pioneers...mom first...then dad. Dad died "faithful"...mom still is.....

I pioneered off and on for 10 years...I never had a study "progress" digress...not even the kids I studied with...I think none of those kids are in ....LOL

Snakes ()

• Awakened at Gilead
    Awakened at Gilead

Yes actually I did help a few along to get baptized. Most had been studying with others and then I helped put the last nail in the coffin...

Some others I found in the field, and they went on to study with others and got baptized...

What a crying shame and waste of time...

AaG

• Casper
    Casper

Not a one... started several studies, they lasted for a few months and then, they either wised up, or moved... LOL.

I can only remember a couple newly converted ones that actually progressed to baptism. Our hall was made up mostly of about 4 prominent families and their extended relatives... in all my 13 years I never saw any real growth.

Cas

• oompa
    oompa

For sure I made the first scratch...I placed a Truth book with a couple when I was 11....made the back-calls....of course with parents, and then they studied and big the big dip...raised their two little girls in it too..................I just wanted a quarter..............oompa

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I am proud to say I DID NOT. I had a few -- very few -- Bible studies, but for some reason those people never decided to pull the trigger and blow their brains out.

• journey-on
    journey-on
    For sure I made the first scratch...I placed a Truth book with a couple when I was 11....made the back-calls....of course with parents, and then they studied and big the big dip...raised their two little girls in it too..................I just wanted a quarter..............oompa

Do you know if they are still in? Yellow highlight: I wasn't allowed to keep my quarter!! I had to put it in the contribution box, and I made sure I did because if I didn't, Jehovah was watching and would destroy me at Armageddon.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit