Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-13-08 WT Study (Imitate)

by blondie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Pistoff
    Pistoff

OH so good to have Blondie back.

Did it occur to anyone that in this article we are served only (unverifiable) anecdotes about the effectiveness of the ministry?

Is that because it is so very ineffective at producing results backed up by numbers? Taken as a worldwide activity, the door to door has to be a colossal waste of time and resources, when weighed against the new converts it produces.

So to sum up: very few new converts, and we lose over 60% of the children.

• blondie
    blondie

Hi Bubble, I am a "fading" jw and get them from an "active" jw.

Hi Pistoff. Glad to see you back posting here.

Love, Blondie

• kifoy
    kifoy

Thank you, Blondie. I look forward to this every week
    I have one comment to paragraph 14:

He was relieved to find that a document that was invaluable to him was there. The sister told him, "It was only proper that I return the property, especially as I am one of Jehovah's Witnesses."

This is really annoying. Are all the other honest people in the world (they do exist, you know...) obliged to tell "you see I'm catholic" or "I'm a stamp collector, so it was only proper that I return your property"?

Now, do they? No, they don't.

But if you're a witness, you always learn that it is because you're a witness that you do the good stuff. But it really isn't. It is because you, in yourself, is a good person that you do the good stuff.

But your personality is dumbed down, and all the good things you do is "because you're a JW".
    That's annoying.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit