Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-13-08 WT Study (Imitate)

by blondie 22 Replies latest jw friends

• moomanchu
    moomanchu

How grateful we are that "Blondie" provides Bible-based comments to help us maintain unity in our teaching and accomplish our work as apostates! LOL

7 But to each one of us grace has been given as Christ apportioned it. 8 This is why it [a] says:
    "When he ascended on high,
    he led captives in his train
    and gave gifts to men." [b] 9 (What does "he ascended" mean except that he also descended to the lower, earthly regions [c] ? 10 He who descended is the very one who ascended higher than all the heavens, in order to fill the whole universe.) 11 It was he who gave some to be apostles, some to be prophets, some to be evangelists, and some to be pastors and teachers, 12 to prepare God's people for works of service, so that the body of Christ may be built up 13 until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ.

Please JW's try harder to fully imitate Jesus, but then we'll lose all those over 33 years old.

Ooooh well !

• spanteach
    spanteach
    Gilead--no single women (rare exception) because it is designed to train male WTS administrators.

When I was young, I wanted to be a missionary. I think the idea of living in another country, learning another language, and experiencing another culture really appealed to me. But I was told that the Society no longer allowed single sisters to go to other countries for safety reasons.

Given the fact that I was young and had not yet formulated my own opinions, I bought that lock, stock, and barrel. Now as an adult, away from the sexist, repressive regulations of the borg, I've lived in another country, learned another language, and experienced another culture. And I've done it all while being single. Hooray for me!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    They continued to make fine spiritual progress and named their newborn son after the study conductor.

There went my breakfast. It's funny how no bible questions can be answered by simply looking in the bible. Whatever did Jesus and his disciples to without the GB to explain god's word to them.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

I enjoyed Snakes' experience [Par 8] and I am sure that this is true ( I am not doubting the rest either)

I have heard so many stories of MTS grads who go to these middle of nowhere assignments, only to be resented

I had been a little surprised at the experience because I had thought that you had to say beforehand that you would any assignment anywhere before enrolling, so why would the charecter wish to keep his job? I see it clearer now.

I have never done what he did, but I moved from a big Southern Congo to Midlands small town, and I was certainly never accepted. These congo's are dominated by a couple of families who want to keep it sewn up. Human nature, I guess, not Holy Spirit .

Todays study was the pits. No teaching, Just words. A "boasting session" if ever there was one. Did it motivate or turn off? I guess the latter , I am glad we did not go today.

• blondie
    blondie

Hi R Crusoe, go back where? One word for jws, cliches.

Hey, cognac

So, how in the hell can they say that Christendom's worship is not motivated by genuine love??? Who the hell are they to judge that??? Are they not trying to take the place of God in judging them??? They are really friggin sick...

Actually, Russell had a more enlightened approach to people in other religions. While he debated some clergymen, he felt that truth of the Bible could be found in Christian religions and that they had protected truth from disappearing. In the beginning, Bible Students did not have to be rebaptized (at least that is what I have been told). I was told by jws that everyone else is worshipping the devil whether they know it or not.

WTWizard, good point about Jesus associating with the so-called riffraff of the world. The religious leaders thought they were without sin. Many jws act that way when they think they can "earn" life.

h4o, thanks for your "experiences." It shows that it is not just my personal experience or just this area.

Snakes, thanks for your "experiences" too. Wow, I didn't realize what a hard time the local congregation would give someone sent. But then I remembered another brother who said that he had been sent to a feuding congregation and no one from either side would come to the meetings when he and his wife arrived. Just 2 of them at the KH for 4 months until the WTS threatened to remove all the elders and MS. What were you thinking, Snakes. I'm glad you didn't give up your job and I'm glad you didn't end up dying. Wow.

Hey Uncle Gary, you are right. I think the rank and file are not being obedient and using the "food" provided by the "slave." They are trying to sell it to their members.

odie, I thought of that after I posted the comments, that all the experiences are other than the US; probably because the US "flock" are not being very obedient. I have been told that it is so hard to find "experiences" for the circuit and district convention, that they use the same one for several circuits or districts near each other. I realized that when I had to attend the A/B sides of the same circuit.

Rules, thanks for the loaded language. The WTS carefully chooses its words to "influence" or make its members feel guilty about not DOING MORE. Except for a brief mention of one jw talking to the homeless, I have never seen those people "targeted" by jws.

Hey, moom, I wonder who the apostles are today? And the WTS goes back and forth on their status as "prophets" trying to say that prophesying is only reading prophecies from the Bible, as if they don't try to interpret the meaning.

span, that was the PC answer. Actually, I knew of several single sisters who went to Gilead, one because she was engaged to a previous graduate and others because their father had influence in Bethel. The purpose now of Gilead graduates is not to "preach" but to train the local jw men how to run the branch, be COs or DOs, or elders, and how to follow the procedures and paperwork that headquarters requires.

key, are you feeling better? An example I gave was of the Ethiopian eunuch who had very limited contact with Philip, went back home where there were no other Christians. How did he get his answers then, unless Philip answered them all that day.

Bluesbrother, so true, so many small local congregations are dominated by one or 2 families. Where I live there are 14 congregations and the family dominance is less but still there. A man is more likely to be appointed if he has family in the congregation than if he moved in from far away or is the only jw in his family. Snakes experience really shows that love is lacking in so many jw congregations.

Love, Blondie

• spanteach
    spanteach

Blondie, I myself knew of exactly two single sisters who were former missionaries. TWO out of all the witnesses I've known in my life. So now Gilead is training to set up congregations? I guess people don't need to get the word out about Armageddon and eternal destruction anymore. It's more important that we learn how to properly micromanage the lives of others. :roll eyes"

• blondie
    blondie

Actually, spanteach, I was a single sister, regular pioneer, who wanted to go to Gilead. I would go to the meetings at the DC. One year they even told single sisters there was no point in attending since they were not accepting single sisters. I talked to the brother who handled the Gilead meeting and he was the one that told me that they wanted men to train the brothers in other countries how to handle the administrative procedures, etc.

Love, Blondie

• spanteach
    spanteach

That's so infuriating, Blondie. It's like saying "sorry, you're a lowly woman. You may marry one of our fine brothers and pioneer together, but that's the best you can hope for. Thanks for applying."

• blondie
    blondie

Exactly, spanteach. I was told to find a pioneer brother or get a brother to pioneer and marry him and then I could go to Gilead. Or I could pay my way to pioneer in a foreign country...but of course I would not get the Gilead training.

Love, Blondie

• bubble
    bubble

Their loss is our gain Blondie!!

By the way, how do you still get the magazines on such a regular basis?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit