What 'Truths' Have You Learned Since You Left?

by willyloman 23 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That true morality is nothing more than doing what is good for self or society, and that true immorality is doing what is bad for self or society. Sexual "immorality" is nothing more than a scam.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

That you can be hooked up to a female and not feel at the point of ejaculation that maybe god doesnt approve?

• Galileo
    Galileo

That freedom of thought is a beautiful thing.

That we are not lowly and unworthy simply because we are human.

That biologists are not idiots.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

That freedom of thought is a beautiful thing.

That we are not lowly and unworthy simply because we are human.

That biologists are not idiots.

I love the truths that Galileo posted.
    Scientists and scholars and authors and professors and many others are some of the
    smartest people in the world. The WTS made us feel like anyone who didn't accept the
    lies they promoted was "worldly wise" and they helped us think that meant "idiots."

Freedom of thought- I don't agree with many others who are on their own path of enlightenment
    but I love that they are on it, unencumbered by the mind-control cult. It is a beautiful thing.

Human beings- quite special

• willyloman
    willyloman

So far, our list is up to 23 "truths" and growing...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips
    What 'Truths' Have You Learned Since You Left?

Old Watchtower and Awake magazines are excellent birdcage liners.

Burn

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

There are no guarantees.

• willyloman
    willyloman

Here is the updated List of Truths for Ex-dubs (so far). Add your own to the list!

1. There is a higher power we can access, if we choose to. He/she/it is not all powerful, but is as powerful as we let it be in our own lives.

2. There is no "true" religion; it's all interpretation and variations on a theme.

3 Everyone's entitled to their opinion, but this business of judging the behavior of others is a slippery slope and best avoided. I do not miss having to judge people.

4. Looking for the good in others leads to some disappointment but also some nice surprises and much happiness.

5. We don't know the answers to life's "big questions" and we don't need to know; we can still be happy, positive and full of love without knowing everything.

6. The "friends" I appeared to have in such abundance back in my dub days were tied to me with a very fragile string, easily broken once I questioned the party line. Thus, they really weren't friends at all; more like business partners.

7. Worldly people aren't so bad after all, for the most part, and "false religion" is actually full of some very spiritual people (and some who aren't).

8. There is life after the Watchtower; but you have to build a life, it doesn't just happen.

9. Faith is not always tied to "religion"

10. I have been humbled by how pathetically little I know about topics I thought I knew.

11. As a JW I knew there are always two sides to any issue. Now I know there are usually at least half a dozen.

12. The Bible can be made to agree/disagree with or say anything.

13. There is NO WAY Jesus has ever had anything to do with the Watchtower Society or the JW's.

14. That people you have loved all your life, cared for, cried for....and that in return have loved and cared for you and your family through births, sickness, deaths.....can instantly and totally shut you out because you now have a different opinion on things important to you.

15. That there is no us and them.

16. That people in general are not evil.

17. That true morality is nothing more than doing what is good for self or society, and that true immorality is doing what is bad for self or society. Sexual "immorality" is nothing more than a scam.

18. That freedom of thought is a beautiful thing.

19. That we are not lowly and unworthy simply because we are human.

20. That biologists are not idiots.

21. Scientists and scholars and authors and professors and many others are some of the
    smartest people in the world. The WTS made us feel like anyone who didn't accept the
    lies they promoted was "worldly wise" and they helped us think that meant "idiots."

22. Freedom of thought- I don't agree with many others who are on their own path of enlightenment
    but I love that they are on it, unencumbered by the mind-control cult. It is a beautiful thing.

23. Human beings are quite special.

24. Old Watchtower and Awake magazines are excellent birdcage liners.

25. There are no guarantees.

• flipper
    flipper

WILYLOMAN- Having been raised in the witness " cult " since birth - I never realized how " mind controlled " I was all my life from birth till age 44; getting out almost 5 years ago ! I have learned the " truth " of what it is to think with a free, clear, critical thinking mind and what it's like to have a truly " open mind " and be allowed to even have another perspective on life ! That has been the big eye opener for me ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• Frequent_Fader_Miles
    Frequent_Fader_Miles

"Works" does not mean field service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit