Is this really a J-Dub rule???

by superman 26 Replies latest jw friends

• dinah
    dinah

Snakes, leave the Dub behind and be yourself. You'll be fine.

• SnakesInTheTower
    SnakesInTheTower

dinah:

Snakes, leave the Dub behind and be yourself. You'll be fine.

I have left it behind...(well that quiz someone posted earlier says I am still 23% JW...LOL)..... hey, I aint doing too bad only 7 months from my last meeting.....

I dont think it would be such a drag on my psche if my mom were not still a dub...that is making it harder to just "be myself"... I am literally rebuilding "myself" from the ground up... how does one go from elder/pioneer...lifelong "SuperDub"...to a regular human being? It takes time...and I want to rebuild myself to be a more caring, less judgemental individual that people actually want to be around instead of the judgemental ass that I was before....so I want to do it right this time ...additional chances dont come around too often......

Snakes ()

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I can remember from the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger that any kind of regular, planned interaction with the opposite sex is "dating". The sole exceptions are going to the boasting sessions, hounding calls, or out in field circus (and then it has to be in field circus and not at Starbucks). Of course, hounders that have intentions of molesting children are exempt (not a written rule, but still in practice).

What the aim is is to put up so many obstacles and roadblocks against dating and marriage that no one is ever accepted by the body of hounders. The hope is to get them to say "Fxxx it" and remain single. Then the men can join the Value Destroyer Training School, and both can pioneer and go to Beth Hell. Nothing more than creating problems where none should exist.

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    there was this girl that I meet who asked for my number. I didn’t really think it was that big of a deal, so I gave it to her.

From what you say, she did the chasing...Unless there is more to it, I am sure that any elder would just tell her to let go - and give her some fatherly advice about not chasing men

• still_in74
    still_in74
    She sounds nuts!

yes she's whacked... run!

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I hope there was a chaperone present when you guys were texting and talking on the phone.

• superman
    superman

You guys are all crazy and hilarious! If I had known all you guys when I still went to the meetings, I might have actually enjoyed them. Anyway thanks for the advice!!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit