ENOCH & the Watchtower Society

by Honesty 24 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Zilgee
    Zilgee
    It may be possible that Enoch was murdered and body could not be tracked since they did not have investigation official,police, dogs etc etc. Thus a story was made that his body was taken away since they could not find it.
  • waton
    waton

wt says that others, in ours, the last days (names withheld to protect the innocent), will not be found either, disposed off by angels, like the remains of Jesus.

• Vanderhoven7
    Vanderhoven7

Yes, it must fit their doctrine that the Old Testament worthies do not have a heavenly hope. But that is not what David or Jesus pictured for the saints of old.

Psalm 73:24-25 You guide me with Your counsel, and afterward You will take me into glory. Whom have I in heaven but You? And earth has nothing I desire besides You. Psalm 23:6 Surely goodness and mercy will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

Matthew 8:10-11 When Jesus heard it, he marvelled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel. 11 And I say unto you, That many shall come from the east and west, and shall sit down with Abraham, and Isaac, and Jacob, in the kingdom of heaven.

Hebrews 11: 9-10, 13-16 9 By faith he (Abraham) sojourned in the land of promise, as in a strange country, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Jacob, the heirs with him of the same promise: 10 For he looked for a city which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.... 13 These all died in faith, not having received the promises, but having seen them afar off, and were persuaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth. 14 For they that say such things declare plainly that they seek a country. 15 And truly, if they had been mindful of that country from whence they came out, they might have had opportunity to have returned. 16 But now they desire a better country, that is, an heavenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to be called their God: for he hath prepared for them a city.

• road to nowhere
    road to nowhere

The copyrighted words: likely, apparently, probably.....

Months dont work for lifespan as they would be begatting before puberty. Tall tales?

• dozy
    dozy
    According to the JWs Enoch was a righteous man, and other violent people wanted to kill him. To prevent this from happening God killed Enoch himself.

Sounds familiar. According to the Society , the world is so wicked that God decides to end the wickedness by killing over 99.9% of the earth's population including women , children and new born babies. Ditto the flood ( with the particular irony that the supposed bad guys actually survived. )

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit