Have you ever apologize to someone for trying to convert to JW?

by justhuman 12 Replies latest jw friends

• justhuman
    justhuman

This is just a question that I will ask for the ex-JW's in this forum.

Personally I did apologize to my friends in personal, for trying to convert them to JW's.It was a great experience!!! I told them I was wrong and I was misleaded by a banch of false prophets, and I was really sorry that I tried to convert them to JW's. All of them they were suprised but they were happy...

• Dagney
    Dagney

Yes I did. I apologized to one of my Bible Students, my first. She's a smart one and has mentally moved on. I have several others I don't know their status, but I hope they are out and I hope to be able to tell them at some point my feelings. There are a few others through the years that I told I was wrong and I was nuts. All I can say is they were shocked, seemed confused, with the "troof" no longer being the center of discussions.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

I have apologised to my wife and son.

I haven't had the opportunity to apologise to my daughter, but she does know that I am an extreme doubter. I doubt that she will willingly give me the opportunity to apologise.

As far as I know, it is only my immediate family that I have led into the Borg. It is not for me to apologise to their converts, but I will if I get the opportunity. (and they know it)

Cheers
    Chris

• Eyes Open
    Eyes Open

Yep - one person. The situation turned out very well - here I am. :)

I never brought anyone into the cult.

• TheSilence
    TheSilence

Dude, my reply ended up in the totally wrong thread... not sure how that happened. Sorry to interupt ;)

Jackie

• boyzone
    boyzone

Yes.

I apologised to my sons for bringing them up in a cult.

They took it very well and were so pleased to see me (a hard-liner) finally see this religion for what it is.

• IP_SEC
    IP_SEC

Naw, people make their own decisions. Who am I to say they are worse off being JWs? I am who I am today partly because of having been a JW. I wouldnt change who I am for the world. If they are worse off they should leave. No harm no foul.

Now I have apologized for some of the things I did as a JW. Shunning reinstating a child abuser. Not warning people in the congo about a molester that moved in to the congo because of marching orders in a letter about him from the CO Yes... some pretty shitty things to live with myself over having done

All's well that ends well though.

• lisavegas420
    lisavegas420

I've appoligized to my children. They rolled their eyes, they don't even think about it.

lisa

• real one
    real one

i need to apologize to my cousin. i did not convert but she did. she does not like to talk spiritual things with me so i have just decided that the next time we talk to apologize to her and leave it at that

• mouthy
    mouthy

Yes!!! I have apologized to SO many!!!! All the family in England. That I had made a special trip over to convert them...( didnt work) All those friends I used to bombared with the "LIE" .three came out of the WT ( Thank God) All my kids ( before a couple died) My Mother who I pretty well had convinced it was truth. then .before she died read Crises of Conscience , & knew it was "the lie"
    When I speak in the Churches I always say "If I knocked on YOUR door with my message of doom I am sorry" So I figure that counts too lol

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit