How important are looks to you?

by Layla33 22 Replies latest jw friends

• GentlyFeral
    GentlyFeral

Well, it depends.

The reason celebrities have to be beautiful is that most of their public will never know them personally – will never see anything about them but the superficials. So, yeah, their livelihood depends on it.

Writers, on the other hand ...

I have dated "ugly" people. If I see you in person before I get to know you, beauty may attract my eye, but it might not get me to approach you. I'm not particularly good-looking myself, any more, so I'd be too indimidated.

The person I most regret not being "with" any more was definitely not-handsome – spindly, pot-bellied, awkward – but brilliant in bed and in conversation, and a real sweetheart. Beautiful eyes, though. We met over the Internet.

And beauty is in the eye of the beholder, anyway. I like a little extra meat on a woman. A set of laugh lines can be very attractive – I fondly remember one in particular, though I don't want that person back. (I also fondly remember the deep, resonant voice and faint Mexican accent.)

So, yeah. Though I do have my "deal-breakers" when it comes to appearance, I have dated "ugly" people and would be glad to do so again.

gently feral

• anewme
    anewme

Beautiful people are fun to look at. But after that often their personalities can start to detract from their beauty when you get to know them.

On the other hand, plain, homely people usually start to look better to you when you get to know them and see their inner beauty, charm and sex appeal.

Beautiful people start out as a big 10 and then start to fall in the grading scale.
    Ugly people start out as 2s 4s and 6s then begin to climb as you get to know them.

Good looking people are just that, good to look at!
    But ugly people can become beautiful too! A good personality means the most in the long run.

Honestly I am quite fond of that ape man in the Geico commercials! He is so darling! And looks like fun!
    I would date him no problem!

• lonelysheep
    lonelysheep

Not important. How can you get to know someone or know the type of colleague they are if you don't put looks to the side.

Anywhere, anytime, somebody's looks can 'knock me off my feet'---good or bad.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit