What is up with the obesity doctrine?

by kzjw 26 Replies latest jw friends

• kzjw
    kzjw

I'm a UBM, and the wife went to the Assembly. She didn't discuss the Obesity issue with me, but my mother-in-law is obese. So I'm just wondering how that would make her feel? I need more info on wha happened...

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

The road to destruction is broad.

The path to everlasting life is narrow.

It is really quite simple.

The Gooberning Bungle has lovingly explained at our boasting sessions -- under the influence the the Holey Spirits mind you-- that some of our beloved Brudders and Sisters are too fat to fit on the path.

What is worse, they might clog the path worse than their doughnut chomping arteries and prevent the road to paradise from being accessed by all of Jehober's people.

Jesus said very clearly, it is better to tie ourselves to a mill stone and fling ourselves into the deep than to stumble a little one.

The obese Witnesses are definitely not "little ones". So please feel free to stumble them as they descend the Assembly bleachers.

Jesus said it is better to tear an eye out than to burn in Gehenna.

What he meant was: liposuction that fat!

Truly we are grateful for the New Light.

• JK666
    JK666

If the JW's viewed obesity as a problem, they would stop having breaks at artery clogging doughnut shops.

(And we know that will never happen, that is where half of their service time is accrued)

JK

• worldtraveller
    worldtraveller

I can hardly wait to hear them rag on a JW associate of mine. He is morbidly obese and can walk only 30-40 feet before requiring meds. Imagine the cruelty telling a Slave you are no longer one of Jehovahs because of a weight problem. Pretty sad situation indeed.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I think it's nothing more than another means to put a stop to all those coffee breaks. People go to eat doughnuts and drink coffee (often with embellishments, since life as a witless is extremely dull and non-satisfying). That wastes time that could have been spent screeching from door to door, and the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger is using the weight issue to put a stop to it.

Now, I have noticed how being a witless can cause obesity. You cannot do any sustained walking. There is the Pioneer Diet--though they want the coffee breaks to stop, they want people to eat at mcDonald's every day so they can keep out in field circus right through. This is a perfect recipe to cause obesity, and damage the thyroid and the liver so it becomes extremely difficult to lose the weight again.

No, folks, I don't think they really give a fxxx about the obesity itself. Rather, they view it as an end product of all those coffee breaks. Ban the obesity, and the coffee breaks will stop. Otherwise, I would recommend taking an hour a day out of boasting sessions and field circus, and just walk briskly for that hour. It works much better than eliminating the coffee breaks to lose weight, and you do not gain the weight back as long as you keep walking.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I can remember a Nazi Doosh brother named Mega that was a co in the Sacramento area. He used to nag people about their weight constantly. This sonofabitch even took the priveleges away from a young elder at assemblies until he lost weight. Apparently this poor guy was a glutton. I should have stuffed my foot up Mega's ass.

• Mickey mouse
    Mickey mouse
    Imagine the cruelty telling a Slave you are no longer one of Jehovahs because of a weight problem.

I think I need to eat more doughnuts.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

And yet they would always say ""bodily training is beneficial for little...." when people put too much emphasis on the outer appearance.

I had a BIG weight problem when I was younger, our congregation was very clicky and some didn't like associating with me, I wasn't good enough for the brothers to go out with. Went to the doctors, had blood taken, and I'm on eltroxin & dyroxin for the rest of my life.

Anyway in due time lost quite a bit of it off, now have a little weight problem. Still have some stubborn pounds to lose!!!!!

I wonder what those same brothers would say now......

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Gluttony is one of the actual sins mentioned in the bible. Since they enforce all the ones they've added, I've wondered why they haven't bothered to enforce this actual requirement.

I wasn't at the assembly. Anyone know exactly what was said?

• carla
    carla

Why should it be treated any different than smoking?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit