Was Jesus really without sin?

by Terry 35 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Terry
    Terry

He violated the Sabbath law and he saved a condemned woman from being stoned in compliance with the law.

Does it matter he had scruples and self-justifying theological arguments?

Would those arguments have saved anybody else from being put to death?

Technically speaking (the letter of the law) could we truly speak of Jesus as really without sin?

• zeroday
    zeroday
    could we truly speak of Jesus as really without sin?

Considering he was nothing but a MYTH it really doesn't matter...

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I define sin as intentionally harming none!

And so it is a very hedonistic environment that I would purport to be sinless - taking obvious account of any health issues etc.

So it depends on ones notion of sin!

And whether one chooses to possess other humans rather than set them free!

In the Biblical sense Jesus was not without sin - we still see debased views of women who offer physical affections and pleasures being viewed with intolerance! I mean when do you see anyone linking a prostitute and saying go and sin no more? except Hugh Grant allegedly?

And what about apostacy? The chosen paople in all the Earth and along comes a guy to question the unquestionable divinely inspired authorities of the one true god - unless of course that was Jesus-which then means they weren't - and so what were they on about anyhow? False religion maybe??

Utterly confusing as to where the boundaries of divine expectation lay! Seemingly always a work in progress to be guessed at rather than a divine unchanging cosmic law of nature. Seems Jesus was a work in progress - a sin changer - Go figure!

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

if you believe and accept the bible as your final authority and arbitor, the answer is yes....

• zeroday
    zeroday
    if you believe and accept the bible as your final authority and arbitor, the answer is yes....

I believe Jesus and the Bible are nothing but a myth...

Zeroday spreading the everlasting truth for a thirsty world...
  • R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I don't believe in,

'If'

anymore!

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

then you answered my question....

• real one
    real one

Jesus is Lord!

• dogisgod
    dogisgod

How could you know unless you really knew everything about his life...which we really know very little.

If he was "perfect" = to that loser Adam then was he above the definition of 'sin' of the Mosaic Law?

The "Law" was built to show 'imperfect' people just how 'imperfect' they were and were in need of a 'savior' so if you are the 'perfect savior' you are not under the law. He pre-existed the 'law'. Grandfather rights.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

Don't forget that he had a beard and grew his hair long.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit