New bookstudy slips?

by yourmomma 16 Replies latest jw friends

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

Has anyone seen these new bookstudy slips? They have a chart where the conducter is to put a check mark after each meeting the student attends and then average it out at the end of the month. whats next? are they going to do this for baptized members? its scary.

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

Now and then folks would speculate on how your point of contact would be the bookstudy when persecution came. Maybe this is a drill?

Besides..everyone knows this..."education" and attendance rolls go hand -in-hand...............

Hill

• ozziepost
    ozziepost

Can someone provide a scan of this new form?

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

It's not going to make me start going, no matter what. And, if I totally lose track of where the next boasting session is, I will still be able to get important information (probably several months ahead of time) on this board.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I'd just file mine under "T" for trash. Too much damn paperwork for a religion!!!

• Alligator Wisdom
    Alligator Wisdom

I haven't seen or heard of slips of this type. Currently I'm the book study group assistant to the overseer and I have yet to come across any charts that are designed to record attendance of individuals, whether baptized or not.

"yourmomma", this may be an isolated case in your congregation or book study group.

Alligator Wisdom (aka Brother NOT Exerting Vigorously)

• AudeSapere
    AudeSapere

It might just be something for that one elder to keep track of his portion of the flock.

-Aude.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

This sounds like something an individual elder has put together. I can't imagine something like this coming from the society.

• yourmomma
    yourmomma

it looks like its from the society. i'll see if i can scan it for you guys.

• NewYork44M
    NewYork44M

I think everyone would love to see this. If you are correct, and I have no reason to believe differently, this is a major step in the increase in coercive control over the r&f.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit