Further Education - WTS ups the pressure

by dozy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• dozy
    dozy

The WTS are upping their opposition to further education.

At our recent CO visit , much of a talk on “youth” concerned the evils of college & university education.

The meeting of the elders & ms included a similar but harder line section , stating that the “appointed men” should set an example. The question was raised “Does an elder continue to qualify for his privilege if he , his wife , or his child goes to further education. What attitude is he showing regarding the FDS stated view on this matter?”

2 hypothetical examples were given:

(1) An elders son who is an architect and who aux pios several times a year decides to obtain some supplementary education to update his qualification. (Presumably OK - though it begs the question as to how he became an architect in the first place.)

(2) An elder has strongly encouraged his daughter to go to uni & is actively advocating this in the cong & stating that this will secure a better income for both him & his daughter. (Deletion certainty.)

There is a ms in the cong who has both his sons at university - he looked extremely embarrassed.

The WTBTS are really pushing this line very strongly at the moment.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I wonder if WT tax relief is in fact funding a human experiment to see what happens (watched by government officials) when a large international group is under maximum control?? And how the politics of it is successful or not in realtime?

Sorta in readiness for 21st Century microchipped humans who will be shunned (switched off) if they step outa line??

• whoknows
    whoknows

I heard from a friend in New Zealand yesterday that their CO gave exactly the same message. Must be orders from "on high".

• DoomVoyager
    DoomVoyager

Aren't grumbling body members usually lawyers?

How are they going to replace the old farts that die off if nobody can go to law school?

How are they going to defend their pedophilic practises in court?

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

Thanks for the update Dozy, looks like I'll be ready when the hounders' hounder comes back.

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Thanks for the report dozy. I'd love to hear what my (elder) father would have to say in such a CO->Elder/MS session. He'd probably just keep his mouth shut and do as he's told as usual.

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

That is about as stupid as it gets. I have recently heard, in a mainstream newspaper (and not a Wall Street Journal, either--a regular newspaper) that unemployment rates for those who have only high school education are going up faster than those who have college. And it is getting close to double digits for high school people.

I am predicting that, if things continue, people with only high school education will have a 40 or 50% unemployment rate while those with college education (or those working totally independent, which the Filthful and Disgraceful Slavebugger doesn't want to see for fear that they would be first to go apostate) are closer to full employment. We lose the menial jobs, we lose the factory jobs, and all we have left are jobs that require computer skills and college education. This, unlike previous recessions, will be permanent. It takes more education to learn to master C++ and write programs than it does to assemble cars. And, it takes more education to find and engineer programs for specific situations than to flip burgers or build toys.

And, what happens when someone writes the program that renders the window washers and toilet scrubbers obsolete? I guess that will be the end of having the witlesses putting anything into the Worldwide Pedophile Defense Fund.

• notyetx
    notyetx

It seems that they are going the way of all authoritarian regimes: kill the professionals and intellectuals first. I wonder if anyone in these meetings ever thinks about, of all things to be extremist about, why this?

It is such a tragedy for young people. They suffer most while old men (who live off the donations of the weak and gullible) decide that these young people must live lives of misery.

The WTBTS is truly anti-human at times.

• Doubting Bro
    Doubting Bro

Interesting, but not suprising. I thought when the current campaign against higher education started a few years ago, that deleting fathers that supported their kids getting a college education was the next step. They gave them a few years to get the message, allowing those with kids already committed to continue, a grace period of sorts.

Dozy, was anything said about how going to college would affect young men being considered for privileges? I know that last year, a young man in my old congregation (who I encouraged to go to college when I was an elder there!) was appointed as a MS and he was finishing up his freshman year at the time. I'm thinking that if deleting fathers who "allow" their kids to go to college is coming, then I would think that the CO would block any MS appointments for say a 21 year old college JR even though that young man could be doing everything else to qualify as a MS.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Interesting, my husband and I were discussing education and the society last night because of all the good threads here lately. Imo the Gb

knows that if you keep 5 people uneducated then you have 5 good workers to further your work happily, which will lead to an increase of production and people

but the 1 educated person will not stay because they will actually do the math/research and of course they will or can help others come to the same conclusion.

Really is rather dark age mentality no education to better your life, bible education doe's not put food on the table.

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit