Further Education - WTS ups the pressure

by dozy 16 Replies latest jw friends

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

In all of this, you have to ask where their scriptual basis is for this. Every new piece of horseshit they dish out has absolutely no basis on the Bible.

• besty
    besty

Interesting - my brother is Elder PO and has a university degree he obtained whilst an elder. This qualification has enabled him to get a high-paying executive level job. I'm sure he will be very comfortable explaining the no-higher-education policy to the rank and file.

Also, in his KH is a very well thought of young lad who is studying to be a medical doctor. He aux pio's in the summer months, lives at home with his parents and is basically a model JW youth - apart from the higher education bit. This situation is excellent training in cognitive dissonance for the local JW's.

• BizzyBee
    BizzyBee
    of all things to be extremist about, why this?

Higher education means being exposed to critical thinking skills. Critical thinking leads to questioning the bOrg. Questioning the bOrg unravels the shaky belief system. End result = an already high rate of attrition increases exponentially.

Somebody at HQ must have graphed the relative cost/benefit of having educated dubs vs. uneducated. An educated dub does them no good if that dub leaves. Its a numbers game.

• eljee
    eljee

I've been in college for the past year (oooohhhh don't tell anyone) but taking classes online. If you do it right, you can get a 4 year degree in no time.... The tuition is dirt cheap at $2000 a semester. Check it out at www.cuny.edu/online. You can take CLEP tests that replace college credit andsave you time. I'll be getting a 4 year degree in about a year, perfectly legit....

In my case, I second what is being said. Being in college opened my mind up to critical thinking so that I could put the doubts that I have had together and realize that the WTS doesn't add up. Had I not gone to college online I would probably be wondering, something doesn't compute, but I can't put my finger on it.

• buffalosrfree
    buffalosrfree

The rectum circles at the society, think they have the right to establish laws of God. Matt. 15:9; now they believe they have taken gods place. how discreet and humble huh?

• uwishufish
    uwishufish

eljee

In response to your statement

I've been in college for the past year (oooohhhh don't tell anyone) but taking classes online. If you do it right, you can get a 4 year degree in no time.... The tuition is dirt cheap at $2000 a semester. Check it out at www.cuny.edu/online. You can take CLEP tests that replace college credit andsave you time. I'll be getting a 4 year degree in about a year, perfectly legit....

You get what you pay for.

As for CLEP tests these only cover lower division classes and leave a little bit to be desired in the way of hands on labs.

Do you think this education will allow you to sit for any accrediation exams?

I.E. school teacher, accountant, professional engineer, or will post graduate work be allowed such as law school or med school?

• lrkr
    lrkr

I say Go WTS Go!!! The more they make logical, normal behavior off limits and against the rules, the more people will wake up!!! This is one of the things that woke me up!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit