The Watchtower and The Memorial

by jakes 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

They have themselves in a bind. If Christ "arrived" then the Memorial should stop.
    If Christ didn't "arrive" in the way the scripture says, then he probably didn't appoint
    the JW's Faithful and Discreet Slave over all of his belongings. Afterall, he didn't
    arrive yet.

Fortunately, they can say whatever they want. He arrived to turn his attention to
    his earthly belongings, but he didn't arrive in full kingom power to end the Memorial.
    Most JW's don't want to think about such things, but just do as they are told when it
    comes to believable doctrines.

• garybuss
    garybuss

It's an interesting Watch Tower Publishing Corporation thesis. That is, the return of Jesus is not a "coming", but a "presence". Presence in the sense that the second advent will be invisible, incremental, and progressive, and, most remarkable in context, it will all relate to a United States based book printing company. And it will relate in hindsight, in a reflective sort of way.

Of course the bottom line is that every change requires . . . you guessed it . . . more books, more meetings, and of course . . . more solicitations for donations.

Do ya think this is a good business plan? I'd say . . . you bet!

• AGuest
    AGuest

The WTBTS falsely teaches that my Lord "invisibly" received his kingdom in 1914, as, per them, evidenced by the outbreak of World War I.

The TRUTH is that my Lord received his kingdom in 30 C.E. (no, not 33 C.E.!), when he (re)entered into the spirit realm and offered up his blood. That he was INAUGURATED, INSTALLED, AND BEGAN RULING AS KING... was EVIDENCED by the outpouring of holy spirit... at Pentecost 30 C.E. That was the PURPOSE of such outpouring... to EVIDENCE that he had begun to rule as king!

Since that time, he has been ruling as king... and subduing those who will rule with him... (i.e., teaching those who exercise faith in him... and granting such ones the fruit of God's spirit that is... love, joy, peace, faith, kindness, mildness, goodness, long-suffering and self-control - the last of which is the bane of my existence!) while in the midst of his enemies.

He has been doing so "in the midst of his enemies," because Satan and his spirits (daemons)... and the last enemy, Death, still exist. This will not always be the case, however.

There is only one "second" coming, dear ones. My Lord came once... in the flesh... and will come again... but AS A SPIRIT. Had he "arrived" in 1914, then when he arrives so that every eye will see him... will be a third arrival. And that... is a lie.

I bid you all peace.

A slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit