Anyone DF'd and you DID'NT know why?

by avishai 17 Replies latest jw friends

• hillbilly
    hillbilly

The grapvine is pretty good in most halls. I did know a couple of folks who walked away (no JW kinfolks) and left a mystery. NO complaints, No Explainations...NO forwarding address.

Hill

• Layla33
    Layla33
    There was always talk around the congregation as to why someone was disfellowshipped, but I have learned since my disfellowshipping that the gossip going around wasn't true in some cases. I have seen in at least a few cases that when an abused woman is df'd, the story is that she committed adultery whether it is true or not.

This is very true. There are a lot of people that challenged the authority of the WTS with factual evidence, now sometimes they say apostasy, sometimes they make up lies. I heard a few about my DFs, when in actuality, they did it because I just was tired of the meetings and tired of listening to them talk about things I felt they had no credibility to discuss with authority. Over the years I have heard all kinds of lies, up to including with women who were raped and the woman was DFs and they would say it was because of her immorality. I could go on, but I think most of you know how it goes...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Avishai:

A bit to the side of your point ...

A friend was never told why SHE was disfellowshiped. All we could figure was that she was supportive of her very vocal, soon-to-be-dfed JW husband.

CoCo

• St-Jacques
    St-Jacques

I don't even know why I was diffed. I mean, there were so many possible reasons, and I didn't go to my judicial meeting... I still don't know which one they got me on.

• metaspy
    metaspy

Yes, but I could only think of one.

There was a sister who divorced her husband (He was a brother) because of neglect (spiritual and physical).
    She was DF'd.
    She came to all the meetings and such.
    After 6 months she starts bringing this guy with her.
    Then about another 6 months later, he gets DF'd for screwing some lady.
    Then she marries the guy, and gets reinstated.

I would assume that she was screwing the guy she married, but that is only an assumption.
    To me, it didn't add up, he wasn't even around at that time period.

• Hiddenwindow
    Hiddenwindow

Yes, a very close friend of mine was disfellowshipped and never told me why. When I became an Elder, with access to the confidential file, I got to know what he did last summer (years ago).

• freetosee
    freetosee

My sister had a bible study who was an approved associate. The BS got married and it was later found out that she was pregnant before the marriage. My father was master of ceremony, prayed and gave a speech at her wedding.
    So when the elders found out about this my father also got in trouble and was told by one of the special pioneer elders that another elder was removed for serving the ceremony at a worldly wedding. By this time the couple was on a long visit to the US (he worked for the US forces) and my father was to do the investigation and was asked to make the decision if she can remain in the approved standing. So all my father did, in fear of losing his eldership, was call the BS on the phone, who was far away in the US, and because she did not reply he rushed to have an appropriate announcement made that she is no longer in good standing. At that time I felt that the matter did not get dealt with in line with the society. My father didn't even speak to my sister to find out that the BS was not in the country. When the elders found out later it was to late. The announcement was already made and jah must have had a reason. After that the BS got treated as if df'ed, because she already began taking the baptism questions.
    So the bible study got kicked out and didn't even know about it. On the other hand, almost everybody in the congregation knew and the reasons for the action taken. That she was actually never approached about this to was not to be spoken about. There was an apology to my sister (the BS conductor), but not to the baptismal candidate. It's a life saving work indeed!!!

fts

• besty
    besty

SweetPea and I were notified in writing that we were to be DF'd, but the reason wasn't given.

I'm assuming it was for apostasy as that was the charge. I left the JC sitting there after I'd told them I thought they were a pathetic bunch of saddo's, in so many words. One of the elders asked me to wait as they hadn't finished yet. I explained to him that he obviously wasn't listening to me - I'd just told them the meeting was over and I was leaving. Which I then did. PAH.

That reminds of another downright barefaced lie the chairman of the JC told me on the phone. When I confronted him that it had come to my attention 4th hand that he had recently given a local needs talk about Internet apostasy and wouldn't it have been half decent to notify us that such a talk was being given so we would know why people were avoiding us. (This was weeks before we were DF'd, so technically people could talk to us although nobody was). So like a deer in the headlights he explained that the local needs was given to address a different situation - complete b*ll*cks - we get DF'd for apostasy and coincidentally there's a local needs about an identical situation with no other announcement made. My ass.

That was one of about 3 direct lies he told me. Truly pathetic.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit