Anyone into on-line games?

by wannahelp 35 Replies latest jw friends

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Either side is good with me!...OUTLAW

• JanH
    JanH

Ah, of course. Wolf3D was far from being my first computer game, but was one of the first I played obsessively! When Doom came, I got a network card so I could play deathmatch with friends, and that rocked big time. I had fun designing levels too. I think I lost a few years to Doom When Quake came, I got ISDN for better response time in online deathmatches. I was even in a clan. Been playing all Id games up to Q3 and am eagerly awaiting Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

I like RTS games too, StarCraft is my absolute favourite but I have played Age of Empires II a lot as well. Never played any of these online, but played SC with friends in Network. Protoss rules! Played CaC too, of course, but it doesn't come close to SC imo. The superweapons are just plain dumb; no balance.

I also played Planetarion for a long time. Very fun. It is a totally web based strategy game, massively multiplayer (as in 100K+ players!).

Not been too much gaming the last year. Online flirting has been taking way too much time for me lately

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• JanH
    JanH

Ahh, forgot to mention Dark Reign among RTS games. Really cool game, really. The unit AI settings are something I miss from SC.

- Jan
    --
    "Doctor how can you diagnose someone with Obsessive Compulsive Disorder and then act like I had some choice about barging in here right now?" -- As Good As It Gets

• Missie Eff
    Missie Eff

Sounds like good wholesome Christian entertainment like what you stay in for with your good wholesome Christian family.

Next we'll all be pictured sitting under a rug under a tree on a sunny day, with smiles on our faces - on the cover of Awake!

• JanH
    JanH

Elf,

Sounds like good wholesome Christian entertainment like what you stay in for with your good wholesome Christian family.

Indeed! Some JWs were slightly offended when we showed them Doom back then. The environment is full of pentagrams and other occultic symbols, and the bad guys are demons and other wholesome characters. I remember the first encounter with the hell barons on e1m8... yikes, they seemed to take whatever I could fire at them. Later, I could take them out with a chainsaw. The mess was undescribable Ahh, the good old days of blood, gore and satanism.

- Jan
    --

• MegaDude
    MegaDude

lost many a product hour at work playing Doom with my coworkers. One of the guys in an adjoining cubicle would shout "Load 'er up!" And in 10 seconds we'd be running around chasing each other with shotguns, chainsaws, or my personal fave, the BFG gun. Remember how when that glowing ball would turn your opponent into a slag heap of bloody flesh and throw it across the room. LOL!

Half Life was fun as a stand-alone game. A new era in gaming.

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

I'll kill any of you at Starcraft!!

• JanH
    JanH

Naeblis,

I'll kill any of you at Starcraft!!

Ahh, but it seems your ComSat station is short of energy, and your crystal reservoirs are overrun by my Dark Templars. So, what do you do?

- Jan
    --

• Naeblis
    Naeblis

Pffth. Puny human. What do I, Zerg Commander Naeblis care of your "Com Stations"??

:)

• JanH
    JanH

Naeb,

Pffth. Puny human. What do I, Zerg Commander Naeblis care of your "Com Stations"??

The children of the Xel'Naga are not like humans, critter. A Reaver drop in your backyard is exactly what the templars ordered. Oh my, your mutalisks really struggle with the scouts, don't they? But they are perfectly lumped together for a little psionic storm. Geee. That must have hurt!

- Jan
    --

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit