Is Satan actually the good guy, and Jehovah the evil usurper?

by 10p 41 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Rapunzel
    Rapunzel

Real one, you're chatting Satan up, are you now? As if you were on intimate terms with the Evil One, good old horny himself. All that I can say is - "Bad boy, real one!" It's time for you to go to bed, Say your prayers, and remember not to play with yourself. God doesn't like it, and you may go blind.

• SPAZnik
    SPAZnik
    Is Satan actually the good guy, and Jehovah the evil usurper?

Warmer.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The thought has occured to me too! - absent conflict of course.

• B_Deserter
    B_Deserter

I've had the same thoughts. The ministry of Jesus is a fundamental paradigm shift from the vengeful, blood-thirsty God of the Old Testament. Consider Jesus' thoughts on Leviticus 19:18

" 'Do not seek revenge or bear a grudge against one of your people, but love your neighbor as yourself. I am the LORD." - Leviticus 19:18
    "You have heard that it was said, 'Love your neighbor and hate your enemy.' But I tell you: Love your enemies and pray for those who persecute you," - Matthew 5:43, 44

Though the text in Leviticus doesn't say to hate your enemy, it's obviously that is what Jesus took it to mean. Then, he contradicts Leviticus, telling his followers to do the opposite. Also, notice that throughout Israelite history, God punishes them over and over for breaking his commandments and some for disobeying very minor rules. He kills a man for touching the ark of the covenant to stop it from falling. He has another killed for spilling his semen onto the ground instead of impregnating his sister-in-law. In Jesus' time, it appears the Jews have finally 'gotten their act together.' They're practicing the strictest version of Judaism yet, and then Jesus comes to rebuke them for being TOO strict. It seems the Israelites couldn't win no matter what they did. Jesus was preaching an end to the viciousness of Jewish dogma, yet he is supposed to be the same God that set it up, or at least in complete agreement. The facts show otherwise.

• yucca
    yucca

This is no longer a JW forum. Its a hate God and Jesus forum.

• real one
    real one

none of you know God's plan and neither do i so stop trying to figure him out and just OBEY him!

• metaspy
    metaspy

I had a teacher in school - the class was "Gifted and talented".
    he had crazy ideas about many things.
    One of his many ideas was exactly what you are talking about.
    Only he made it a little more drastic.
    Such as the entire Bible is just a ruse to draw people away from serving the true God Satan.
    He had all the details mapped out.
    It might be true... who knows.

• real one
    real one

wow!

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Well pointed out BDeserter!

And Yucca - how is saying it how it is a hate god thing?

• Perry
    Perry

"A few years ago I read Genesis and ..... got the sense that Satan was actually telling the truth" ------------------------------------------------------------------------- I think you and Eve have something in common here ;-)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit