Do you have a Narcissist Jw in your life?

by tika 17 Replies latest jw experiences

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

R.Crusoe...

Some people are born without arms and legs. Some people are born without empathy. They are emotionally stunted, emotionally handicapped.

I am not saying these people are "rotten to the core". Everyone is born with a spark, some just hide it so well under an impenetrable box that it will never be seen. The fact of the matter is... there are some people who should just be avoided, in order to maintain ones own health and state of mind.

There is no known cure. In order to progress emotionally, one has to acknowledge that there is something lacking or something that might be improved upon, and Narcissists are unable to sincerely do that.

As I say... you are blessed. These emotionally bereft ones exist.

Cheers,
    Baba.

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

you described my ex-husband to a T. He had every one of the characteristics that both of you listed, except that he did have a pretty funny sense of humor. The only thing he could relate to was animals, we had pets and he treated them very lovingly. However, when he had no more use for a pet he had no trouble putting it to sleep. I think there are degrees of personality disorder - he had this one about 99% and maybe 1% normal feelings.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Complex subject and being blessed with an empath persona exposes you to the destructive influences of narcisisic ones and so in that regard I am quite the reverse - and have had to secure for myself a future view absent all contact with family I grew up with!

So I do understand your point but also understand that family begin to function like a microcosm of a KH fraternity, as sometimes does society! It may be that the individual is perceived in ways which fit their satan' class?

Whatever it is you know when it is a bad idea for you to think of ever even going to their memorial!

P.S.

I am waiting patiently! If a female comes along wanting nothing but a moneyless middle aged overweight male with a loving heart and is willing to spend the time awaiting my reactivation, I will lie on my back in the ocean, hang a sail from it , and await a strong wind! And the wind will have to be strong on account of the height of the mast!

Over and out and Crusoefied - from his island homealone!

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

This sounds exactly like my stepson. He thinks he is the best athlete, but he sucks. He thinks he is smarter than everybody, but he is dumber than a bag of asses. He thinks he is so good looking, but he looks like an evil chimp. He thinks everyone listening to him believes that he is knowledgeable, but everyone snickers as he uses big words out of context. He thinks that because he is Alberto, that everyone has to do for him, give to him, cow down to him, and tell him how wonderful he is, but everyone tries to avoid him like the black death.

Oh, did I mention that he is a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic, with delusions of grandeur, who has a Christ complex? He is my wife's son and I love him, but he is an assrailing, mogoloid, with the face of a chimp and the stink of shit on him....Please no offense intended to the mongoloids, chimps or turds in cyberspace.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I can't seriously label anyone with the above label even though some may come mighty close to it! When I read what it all stands for I just don't believe it possible!

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

The lead hounder in my former congregation at the time I joined was like that. Trouble is, he was nothing that even remotely resembled attractive. He had zero tolerance for any fun, he was fat and out of shape (likely from not getting enough exercise outside field circus and hounding others), and he was quite a pain to be around as a friend. And he was trying his best to keep me from finding anyone of the opposite sex, because he wanted to corral me into the Value Destroyer Training School for a shot of being the one used to start the Second Dark Ages.

I don't think that is worth being proud of.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egocentric

= A known aspect of narcisissm! It struck me that even some groups collectively display such characteristsics - which find kinda confusing! Like if you look for it you can find it all over society!_

Some features sound like any groups you know?

Maybe WT fundamentalism? (even though their heart condition is indoctrinated with the best intent for humanity as an altruistic endeavour)

Or nonJW family groups? (who convince themselves they are doing right whenever they disaffect a JW who is obviously suffering personality disorders and so everything they say and do is not to be taken seriously)

Or social groups you are aware of? (etc)

Or even political systems?

So maybe we need multiple counselling sessions via satellite and simultaneously regress everyone back to childhood causal symptoms?

• Satans little helper
    Satans little helper

babyYagga, I have read the site you mention and I think that the description is incredibly naive and childish. The person that wrote the description on that site had a real victim mentality and seemed to be trying to blame all of the ills of the world on those she labelled narcissists.

Most people have some narcissistic traits, I sure as hell do, but I doubt you will find anyone who ticks all of the boxes in the description you mention.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit