There's been some CHANGES made - and, apparently, not everyone is pleased

by berylblue 32 Replies latest jw friends

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

Ms McD said:

You don't have to watch out for your enemies because you know who they are.

alt

• Warlock
    Warlock

Frankly, my dear, I really don't give a damn.

Warlock

• AGuest
    AGuest

May you have peace!

Given that most here came from... and denounce... an organization whose modus operandi is to "stifle all Bible teachings unless it comes through them," THIS forum should be the LAST place ANYONE should want to try and stifle ANYONE... on ANY subject. Given that "freeness of speech" is one of the rights NOT afforded in that organization, and that speaking freely could not only result in being marked, expelled, shunned, and even [spiritually] killed, NO ONE who posts here should feel they can even rightly suggest silence from anyone else. Here, or anywhere.

It didn't take me quite as long as you to find my voice, Beryl, but having found it, I surely won't give it up. For anyone (okay, except, maybe, where someone's life is at risk; but I'm talking holocaust-type circumstances, here). Otherwise, regardless of whether others agree with me or not, hear what I have to say or not, and/or ridicule me or not, I will speak the truth. I do recognize the truth that my truth may not be the same as someone else's truth, and vice versa. But the freedom of speech that I have been granted comes with the caveat that I allow others the same freedom. Because while we don't have to agree with anyone about anything, when we decry the attempts of others to stifle their right to speak... while attempting to stifle what another has to say... we are on a very slippery slope. Thus, I don't deny anyone the right to speak their truth... even if I don't agree... and thank ALL that allow me to speak mine.

So, say whatever you will, Beryl, and know that I, at least, will take no offense.

I bid you peace.

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA, who says "Speak the truth... and shame the Devil."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit