There's been some CHANGES made - and, apparently, not everyone is pleased

by berylblue 32 Replies latest jw friends

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Gopher had it right....But it's , alright now, I've learned my lesson well, you see, you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself. Ricky Nelson's GARDEN PARTY.

It seemed as though the people that had attended his Madison Square Concert had expected to see the old teenage Ricky. He performed some new material and that was not what they had expected. So, he faced himself and said, " he didn't really care what they thought or had expected. He just PLEASED HIMSELF.

Bravo to you also berylblue

NMG

• ninja
    ninja

berry......calm down and keep saying this to yourself...."I'm only a woman....I'm only a woman....I'm only a woman"......male chauvinist ninja....he he

• llbh
    llbh

I'm sorry if I offend the well-meaning ones here; please understand that I'm finally finding my voice at age 52. I'm not going to pretend I'm something other than what I am.

I know the matter really isn't important enough to mention here and that no one really gives a rat's ass, but I wanted to say this - so I have. I can't go back to being the nice girl who takes everyone's shlt. I just can't. I realize this is only the internet but it's good practice for RL.

I agree with your sentiment in is entirity Berry.

Regards

David

• Tatiana
    Tatiana

I'd rather know where someone stands than to be fooled into thinking someone believed or felt a certain way when in fact they never did. Best to be honest and face the consequences. alt

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Beryl,

If you're not offending someone on a discussion forum, you're not doing it right! I'd rather have someone vehemently disagree with me (as you've done on another thread) than roll over and take it. Keep it up!

Well said Derek.

The stifling of opinion and personality is the stuff that cults survive on. Some people just cannot shake off this whole attitude of 'speaking in line' with one another and not offending lest it be a 'bad Witness', from their lives. I call them the Cuddly Club. The thing these people all have in common is a fear of growing up.

Two of the most common ill-advised comments made on this Board are the one that claims that 'unconditional love' is a virtue, when in actual fact it is an unhealthy hope, and those who clamor for us 'to all get along', another unhealthy hope.

I am glad to see that you have broken through that negative station in life. Getting to this point in our exit from the WTS is imo worth all the pain it may bring.

HS

• MsMcDucket
    MsMcDucket

You don't have to watch out for your enemies because you know who they are.

• ex-nj-jw
    ex-nj-jw

You know what they say, keep your friends close and your enemies even closer. I'd rather know how you really feel then to make the mistake of becoming your friend then knowing that you really dislike this or that person whether it be race, religion, political views, whatever!

Speak your mind!

nj

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Nice girls go to heaven.

Naughty girls go everywhere.

• Honesty
    Honesty

BERYLBLUE, there are whiners and there are shiners.

You, my dear are a shiner in the truest sense.

• Fadeout
    Fadeout

WTG berylblue!

I, too have "found my voice." (Just see my posts on politics!)

Raised JW, my primary function was to be part of the collective, not make waves, make sure nobody was ever offended.

Screw that... I'm still a relatively new believer in the First Amendment.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit