Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 4-6-08 WT Study (Missionary)

by blondie 20 Replies latest jw friends

• purplesofa
    purplesofa

Blondie, Glad you are feeling better, purps

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

It was great to be able to have the pdf someone posted to read this ahead.

Par 2.) Says that the word "missionary" and "missionaries" do not appear in the main test of nwt, In it's footnote of ref. bible they

use the word suggests the Greek word translated is "evangelizes". Suggesting and knowing are two different things.

Par 5.) It was completely different from the "tongues of angels" my crazy thought is how do angels speak? Have they had a conversation recently to know?

Par 7.) I had the same thought, are they not guessing here Jesus guiding the Israelites through the wilderness?

Par 14,15.) Do the words stick to God's word, or message come to mind?

Par 18.) refrain from telling others who he was and what he had done...And we know they follow this to the T. (Like a comment we have heard, Do you know

who I am? I've been appointed by holy spirit.) Is that self glory or what?

18b.) And Jesus did not want the people to be puppets either!

Par 19,20.) Jesus noted the pitiful conditions and that's why he performed miracles he actually had love and offered help to the hungry ones. He did not

have the attitude..."Here's a wt mag. go and be well my son." I often think about people in the world and how when there is devastation in area's

people pull together and help their neighbor and community, they don't have to be in the same religion before they lift a finger.

Thanks Blondie this has been interesting this week.

hope4others

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

Interesting that the "other sheep" are not called Christians themselves, only "dedicated associates" of the true mediator between christ and man.

Why do they say the children will be slaughtered - unless they satisfy the Witchtower's definition of "incorrigibly wicked" who alone are doomed.

By my reckoning 70 000 000 babies are born every year. That means that whatever date armageddy comes the witchtower claims that God will mercilessly slaughter 700 000 000 children under the age of ten - 191 780 of them not even 24 hours old,

Yet the scripture says that the child will not die because his father is a sinner.

Malachi 4:1 is used "not a root or branch will be left to them" to 'prove this, yet in context it is not talking about children. I question the relevance of the she bear killing forty kids - a bear can attack only one child at a time, I cannot believe that 40 kids just stood around waiting to be killed instead of running.

They smear the missionaries of "Christendom" with feces, yet these do far more humanitarian work than they ever did, without asking to be paid back like the WTBTS. If they do "meddle" in politics, it is usually for social justice.

In the Solomon Islands, the WT couldn't even send a few shovels, so the sisters had to dig the foundations for their Kingdumb Hell with their hands. (Where is that reference??)

By their own admission the Society does not do philanthropic works. Yet they remain a charity!

Go Girl!

HB

• studier
    studier

Still appreciating your insightful comments...Just wanted to let you know =)

Thank you for the time I know must go into preparing these posts!!

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Thanks Blondie...

P 18.Unlike self-proclaimed false messiahs, Jesus did not go about trumpeting his role as the true Messiah. Sometimes he told people to refrain from telling others who he was or what he had done. (Matt. 12: 15- 21) Jesus wanted people to make their decision to follow him based on what they themselves observed

Remind you of anyone?

Who claims to be the Lords , "Faithful & Discreet Slave? and trumpets their self proclaimed position as the channel through which God speaks to his congregation?

Based on we ourselves observe - I think that they are not it.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    Jesus "became responsible for everlasting salvation to all those obeying him."

Thankfully, the GB has relieved him of that burden today.

• lrkr
    lrkr

This is interesting- 2 study articles about how to be a good missionary. Tells me that there may be some problems in this department. Maybe missionaries are coming home after a few years- dissillusioned and bent out of shape??? Maybe they are getting complaints from local congregations about superior, know it all missionaries coming in trying to tell everyone that their local customs are not biblical???

No statistics are published about the number of active missionaries- but I bet there is a story to be told there. I wonder what the average retention time is for a missionary??? Anecdotally, I would say about 2 years.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    1 .....As one of Jehovah's Witnesses, however, you likely think of the missionaries sent out by the Governing Body to preach the good news in various lands around the earth.

2 .....Jehovah sent his only-begotten Son to the earth. (John 3:16) Jesus can be called the greatest Missionary, the ultimate Missionary, because one reason why he was sent to earth was to "bear witness to the truth." .....
    9 Before present-day Christians are sent out as missionaries, the Governing Body arranges for them to be trained. Did Jesus Christ receive training? Yes, but he did not attend the rabbinic schools before beiing anointed as the Messiah; neither was he taught at the feet of some prominent religious leaders. (John 7:15; compare Acts 22:3.) Why, then, was Jesus so qualified to teach?

10 Regardless of what Jesus may have learned from his mother, Mary, and his adoptive father, Joseph, he received his principal training for the ministry from the highest Source. ......Before coming to the earth, Jesus un- doubtedly spent much time listening to his Father's instruction. What better training could he have received?

There's another excellent thread on this point. The Governing Body actually puts itself in God's position
    right there in print. It is subtle enough that it could slip by most (as it did for me) but it is there.

Just like Jehovah trained and sent Jesus, the Governing Body says that it trains and sends it's missionaries.

Also, the whole point in para. 2 about the meaning of "missionary" and how "Jehovah is the greatest Evangelizer,
    but he cannot be called the greatest Missionary," is that WTS taught the members something in this lesson
    early on. That makes the members feel good about their precious organization. "WE LEARNED SOMETHING!
    LET'S PAY ATTENTION TO THE REST OF THE ARTICLE BECAUSE OUR ORGANIZATION KNOWS SO MUCH!"

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks purps, how goes it by you. Is the weather treating Arkansas right?

Good points, H4O, suggests, probably, evidently, are ways the WTS slips in their own idea and leaves a door open for when it proves to evidently not be true, such as the 1914 generation.

HB, as to the "missionaries" it reminded me as to how the Bethelites would warn me to carefully negotiate the homeless in the subway areas. No idea or compassion to help them. I wonder how it would be possible to offer magazines to people who barefuly had the money for food, let alone a place to sleep and medication. Like the platitudes James warned Christians about, seeing someone cold and naked and wishing to be well fed and clothed.

(James 2:15-16) 15 If a brother or a sister is in a naked state and lacking the food sufficient for the day, 16 yet a certain one of YOU says to them: “Go in peace, keep warm and well fed,” but YOU do not give them the necessities for [their] body, of what benefit is it?

Thanks, studier. I do less than I did in the past though.

Isn't it so hyprocritical, BluesBrother.

Who claims to be the Lords , "Faithful & Discreet Slave? and trumpets their self proclaimed position as the channel through which God speaks to his congregation?

Keyser soze, that is so true. No jw can approach God without going through the FDS, making Jesus secondar.

lrkr, that is very possible. I think though it is more the rank and file that are not spending much effective time or effort in the door to door. I guess jws will have to keep having children to increase the membership at least temporarily.

OTWO, thanks for adding that comment. I saw it elsewhere and was wondering how I missed that point. That's why the comments are so valuable since we exchange ideas.

Love, Blondie

• Robert222
    Robert222

Thanks, Blondie, I enjoy your WA comments.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit