Looking Back, Were You A Bit Oversensitive As A Witness?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

H4O you are correct but new recruits dont knkiw how to fathom all the boundaries and with the shunning anouncements always seeming to be watching one thing or another, the genaral atmosphere takes on more sinister conotations for some - rather than a loving environment!

Regretable lifewaste!

• minimus
    minimus

IRREV, I like your sense of humor.

Personally, I run away from oversensitive types.

• Nowman
    Nowman

I was oversensative when I 1st left in 1992, I was 18 feeling scared, worried, excited, and wanting acceptance (there were probably a few other emotions in there too). Because all my close JW friends could no longer talk to me once I was DFd (inclucing mom and dad), I felt the need for acceptance, so therefore I was a people pleaser. Not that I do not like pleasing people, I enjoy doing things for others because it makes me feel good, but I used to worry so much about how people thought of me. When people joked around, I did not always get it...hence lack of experience. Or someone talked to me with a certain tone, and I would worry about it way too much. Deep down, I know why I felt the way I did.

I was raised in the industrial business, and to this day, I am still in the industrial business (special print fasteners, research, buying, and selling). Having been oversentative due to the JW thing and also combined with me being young, I just needed to toughen up a bit. So, fast forward to me being 34 now, I am much stronger, my joke telling is outstanding (HA), learned to pick my friends more wisely, I have thicker skin, and the list goes on. It just takes time, I find that I do not have to fight all the battles so to speak, its that "dirt off your shoulders" type of thing that I had to practice, "practice makes perfect". Being in the industrial business, with my line of work, you just can't be sentative, you need to be strong and fair.

So, I am happy that the experience of being a former JW helped me with my future/career, my thick skin, and as I matured along, it got easier and easier to be "non-sensative" in a balanced way. I am still learning and always will be, part of continuous life experience.

Nikki

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Why does this thread keep popping up? I am sick of it!

All the insinuations are driving me monkey nuts and ape$~it which confuses any homa-sapiens erectus!

Stop posting or I'll log off and refuse to come back!!!

• Nowman
    Nowman

Stop being so sentative R.Crusoe, grow some thicker skin, you big baby *****

Signed,

Offended

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I went to the Kingdumb hall for 31 years of my life. About 3 years of those 31, 72-75, I was a full tilt jw waco. But I dont remember being over sensitve.

Maybe insensitive and unreasonable for those 3 years.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I'm having a men pause moment on my island!

My end is nigh and my erectus hath failed me!

Where to go without anything to fly a flag for attention?

I need a woman with a slow hand and an easy touch with the emphasis on the easy touch!

• minimus
    minimus

R Crusoe said "monkey nuts".

• Satanus
    Satanus

I think i was less sensitive. The wt programming left me numb to a lot of things, ie, i had suppressed my feelings, anesthitized, zombied. I went through and did things that i don't think i could do, now.

S

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

Not I, but I have seen what you talk about. Boohoo, elder Slap and Tickle didn't call on me. Oh Boohoo, sister diva Underpants ignored me.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit