Looking Back, Were You A Bit Oversensitive As A Witness?

by minimus 20 Replies latest jw friends

• minimus
    minimus

MOST JWs that i know of are oversensitive to just about everything! They are super sensitive when it comes to ever being wrong. They have a fit if they are aren't called on by the Watchtower Overseer or is it still Conductor?

They get all upset if a family member is "counseled".

Their minds and bodies are oversensitive. Many Witnesses are sick in the body as well as the head. some are always crying or depressed because of their lot in life. (and who can blame them?)....I see a lot of exjws here that have seemed to calm down and they're feeling better about themselves! But were you always like that???

• blondie
    blondie

No, but I was the target of some over-sensitive jws and cowardly elders. jws looking for the straw in the eye of people at the kh when they were tripping over the rafter in their own eye.

• BFD
    BFD

Oversensitive? Oversensitve? What kind of question is that? The nerve!

BFD

• minimus
    minimus

Blondie, I wouldn't characterize my tenure as a Witness as being one wrought with oversensitivity either. But I see a lot of Witnesses that were ALWAYS either depressed or pissed off about something.

• RubaDub
    RubaDub

Not really Minimus ...

Like Blondie, I tended to be far more relaxed when it came to the "conscience" issues than many others.

I guess the scripture of the "splinter / rafter in the eye" always (and still does) affect how I view things.

I certainly would never want to throw the first stone.

Rub a Dub

• Octarine Prince
    Octarine Prince

The first Witness who accused me of being oversensitive may or
    may not have been right.

It's inconclusive, since I ended up being right about what I
    accused her of!!!

• Irreverent
    Irreverent

WHAT DO YOU MEAN OVERSENSITIVE!! YOU LITTLE RED DOT YOU.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

I recall a KH guy they used for PD surveillance work was always sinister and acting like a mid 20C schoolteacher with a chip on his shoulder - doubting looks and superority interspersed with welcoming smiles - this kinda thing always had me on edge wondering what I was involved with!

• quietlyleaving
    quietlyleaving

My children were always being criticised when they were small - I was very oversensitve about that I wish I'd left then

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Not much gets to me and if it does it has to be pretty extreme, I usually consider the source of who it is, what they are like, and does it really

mean diddly squat, and then its just "what ever" it just doesn't matter. Its not worth the effort to get upset.

hope4others

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit