Playing the guilt game

by legalchickie 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Hang on.........I'm loading the gun for you.............shoot the sister!

Quirky1

• AlmostAtheist
    AlmostAtheist

>>my mom never would comply with not associating with her grandson!

Yay! Go Mom!

Ok, good to hear. I like Hope's idea -- remind her of that scripture about 'Jehovah not being unrighteous so as to forget her good works', or words to that effect.

Dave

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

I don't think it's fair to expect someone that depends on others to get to the boasting sessions to make it to those boasting sessions when that someone is no longer willing (at that, for good reason) to go. Plus, why would someone in a nursing home be expected to go out in field circus? They are in the nursing home for a reason, which includes not being able to care for themselves. I wonder what happens when this person is out in field circus and slips up on the presentation.

The gun was not for the mother, but for the half-sister. While that would be an extreme solution, what the half-sister did was very wrong to guilt someone that is obviously in no condition to be going to boasting sessions or field circus to do so anyway. And it's not the solution to cave in and take her to boasting sessions--they are only going to use that as a way to recapture you and get you back to regular attendance and field circus. For that reason alone, I recommend not going at all. If your half sister really wants your mother to get anything out of the boasting sessions, the compromise is for her to tape them and bring the tapes to the mother. They will not accept that because they really want you back, and they are willing to stoop that low to get you back.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    And it's not the solution to cave in and take her to boasting sessions--they are only going to use that as a way to recapture you and get you back to regular attendance and field circus. For that reason alone, I recommend not going at all. If your half sister really wants your mother to get anything out of the boasting sessions, the compromise is for her to tape them and bring the tapes to the mother.

I agree with the Wizard. If Mom acts guilty about anything, tell Mom that you are not involved with
    the meetings, but she should ask your half-sister for any help she can get from her. If Sis contacts
    you, tell her not to involve you but to feel free to take Mom to meetings or give her tapes of the meetings
    or whatever.

No matter how much YOU visit Mom, if she still believes the lies, she wants to be a part of it. It really
    doesn't hurt at her stage in life if she isn't shunning any family members by hanging on to the lie. Just
    don't encourage it and don't drive her there. Let someone else do it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit