what is required.

by BR25 22 Replies latest jw experiences

• real one
    real one

God comes first before all others even yourself

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

Actually, I don't find Jw's theology 'hard to understand' as you stated. I was a JW for 40 years. I understand it - I just don't believe it is true any longer.

Jeff

• crapola
    crapola

What I'd like to know is this, If you still believe what the Witnesses teach then why don't you go to the meetings anymore? I am not trying to judge you or anything like that but it just seemed a little bit odd to me.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff
    What I'd like to know is this, If you still believe what the Witnesses teach then why don't you go to the meetings anymore? I am not trying to judge you or anything like that but it just seemed a little bit odd to me.

You may not find many here that fit that description. Most that come here, those that still attend meetings, do so because they don't wish to lose family into the cultic morass that includes 'shunning' of any who fail to believe the teachings any longer. So they play along to one degree or another. Others, most of us, don't attend regularly or at all. I don't know the percentages. Some have become Christian now, others don't accept any religion as correct, some are Hindu, Buddhist, or Muslim perhaps. So you have all kinds. But not many of the kind you ask about IMO - those who still believe JW 'Truth' but don't attend. That is a rarer bird here, since they mostly still fear the warnings about the internet. Jeff

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Nothing is required.

But you must live with yourself and your perceptions of what is true. You can go shopping through religions, fads, holy books, television - but in the end it is up to *you* to determine what is true and pursue that.

Believe another's truth, or find your own truth. Which is going to be more accurate? How will you separate the wheat from the chaff?

Will you ever be able to trust your own heart enough to go with what you know in your own psyche to be true?

And if you find yourself believing in an all-powerful, all-loving God, how can you possibly limit Him? He would not follow any rules, being forced to send you to Hell or bring you to Heaven dependent on a set of rules. Your belief in how he will treat you - roughly, or with kindness - will be a reflection of your own self-appraisal.

If it's "not enough to say well I done good deeds, prayed, and that should be enough for someone who died for our sins", what more is needed for you? Go and do that.

As sweetstuff says, and many throughout history echo, you will find your spirituality in your humanity.

• BR25
    BR25

I havent attended the meetings in a long time. I guess I have a little laziness in me. Im the type that has to be on the move and entertained. I get bored easily so sad to but that probably one of the main reasons I dont attend.

• BR25
    BR25

sad to say.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

What is required?

Two forms of identification, at least one with a picture, both with a signature.
    Proper attire.
    Exact change.
    15 items or less and cash only.
    Nobody in your household may have already won within the last 90 days and
    are not employed by this station or the contest holders.
    All homework must be turned in on time and all tests have been passed.
    Your bag must fit into the overhead compartment.
    The mattress tag is still attached.
    Payment before seeing the doctor.
    Stay behind the yellow line until you are called by your number.

• LayingLow
    LayingLow

10 hours of field service per month (for a start), being baptized, keeping up with the latest magazines, attending all three (five) meetings per week, and the list goes on....

Can you show me the scriptures for why any one of those things is required for salvation? (You might make a strong case with baptism but don't other Christians do this? In addition, MT 28:19,20 says to be baptized in the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Do they baptize you in that name or in the name of their organization?)

From a new testament perspective. I would say what is required for salvation is being in "union" with Christ (what all that entails is another topic). Sometime take a look in the large concordance for the NWT under that word "union". Read every scripture and then you will have an answer for yourself about what is required. Then ask yourself if the the JW 'great crowd' are in "union" with Christ and do some research on that. I hope that helps.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Seriously, though...

I was at my lowest point in life back in about 1986. I asked God to guide me. That seems fair enough.
    Whatever I was told to do (by God) I was willing to do. Unfortunately, the JW's came and told me to
    study their literature and go to their meetings and dedicate myself to their organization. Later it turns out,
    they are false prophets, they mistranslate the Bible, they took advantage of me and a few million others to
    sell their literature for free. God wasn't the one who sent them to me, as a matter of fact, they say that I
    don't even have a mediator with God in their version of Jesus Christ. That is not really fair.

If God let that happen to me, then I wouldn't make that mistake twice. If He wants me to do something in
    order to appease his ego, HE will have to personally deliver the instructions so that I don't get caught up in
    another misleading religion. Until then, I have done everything I can to be a good person and improve myself
    and get a grasp of knowledge of what this "God" might be like.

What is required? Depends on who you ask.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit