Do you think JWs actually care if they convert people or not?

by LouBelle 26 Replies latest jw friends

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

007 - Oh my I remember do that shuffle, with ice cream breaks.

btw - not my b/day just yet ... still got 17 days to go - I can have 2

• chickpea
    chickpea

as far as i can remember, i think in the very, very beginning, when the zealousness of the newly converted was fresh, the mission was to bring the sheep in...... but once entrenched, it was just about shutting up the study conductor about field circus time and doing all the other busy work a family churns thru to be "theocratic"

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

All I cared about was the time wasters. I loved it when they drove by a house or street that I knew was the one, and I kept my big mouth shut. Of course, they were pxxxed when I did that.

I also liked when they would have trouble in egress from the Kingdumb Hell, stragglers that are not ready when we pick them up, stragglers that disrupt the field circus meeting, people needing to get gas, trips to the neighborhood store for something to drink, someone needing to go to the bank and have to wait half an hour in line, working a whole street and no one is home, and that famous trip to Starbucks. Of course, Starbucks was not around when I was in, so we had to make do with the Seven-11 or A+ stores.

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Last night it said "Birthday" under your staus (32) what happened?

• sacolton
    sacolton

Yes, because ...

MISERY LOVES COMPANY

• minimus
    minimus

This is a pet peeve of mine. IF the Society truly was interested in getting the lifesaving message out, they would use all their {$$$} resources to get it out before it was too late. since THEY are to set the example, others follow suit. Maybe a few individuals sincerely care but the Organization as a whole proves it doesn't really give a damn!

• lancelink
    lancelink

\
    This happen to me a lot. I loved talking to the elderly...but then,
    I would find myself agreeing with them, and wishing I had faith like they did about their own religion...

That is so true, I cringe when i think of how I would try and convert some older people, and deep down inside
    I KNEW that they were happy with their beliefs, and all the while I talked like i was some kind of
    a stuck-up young know it all bastard.

damn those years !! they really were a screwed up time.

• lancelink
    lancelink

I forgot to enter Caspers comment on my last post,it should be 1st sorry. This happen to me a lot. I loved talking to the elderly...but then, I would find myself agreeing with them, and wishing I had faith like they did about their own religion... Cas

• Rosie Angel
    Rosie Angel

Early on, I cared. I even had a study! Then, as time went on and I figured out what a rigid, unloving organization I was about to bring her in, I stopped caring. I never expressed my doubts, but I spent more time telling her what horrible hypocrites everyone in the cong. was than about the Bible.

• sacolton
    sacolton

I didn't care if I got someone interested ... it was more about how many magazines I placed.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit