So... What WOULD Jesus Do?

by BabaYaga 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Those WWJD phrases everywhere make me smile, because while it is a nice thought, I don't think those who wear "WWJD" on their chests, wrists, or bumpers really get it.

What WOULD Jesus do, after all?
    Well, for starters, he would:

* Hang out with lepers and prostitutes

* Have level-headed and in-depth discussions with Satan on a hillside

* Get really pissed (inside a TEMPLE, mind you) and throw furniture

* Ask the most high why he forsake him

Somehow, I don't think this is the Jesus most "Christians" are prepared to immulate.

That ought to get the ball rolling, any others?

• hamilcarr
    hamilcarr

Obvious but often misunderstood:

-Opposing to the religious authority of his time and claiming the available Holy Scriptures should be understood totally differently.

• momzcrazy
    momzcrazy

We live in the south, and we had just gotten back from the Jack Daniels distillary. My then 4 year old daughter saw a woman wearing a WWJD shirt. She got all excited, she said, "I know what that stands for--What Would Jack Daniels Do?" I was so proud!

momz

• sir82
    sir82

Turn water into wine, after all the wedding guests were already drunk!

• Casper
    Casper

I think he would be a lot more forgiving than the WTS. Can you imagine Jesus shunning people the way they do.

Cas

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Exactly!

LOL about the Jack Daniels!!! oooh that's too funny.

Hamilcarr... great point... basically, yes, indeedy... JESUS WAS AN APOSTATE.

Imagine that.

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

He'd probably find another Beloved to hang around with...I can imagine that might raise a few eyebrows...

• moshe
    moshe

Well, Jesus loved attention. The bigger the crowd, the better. Feed 5000 people?- he did it, either with a miracle or he had a good caterer helping him. I don't think doing hard physical work was his thing, however.

• knock knock
    knock knock

What would be on his iPod? Surely not kingdom melodies. But that's just my presumption.

Would he go to college? Or more to the point, would he condemn everyone else for doing so?

What about settling down a bit, you know, would he have a sub-prime mortgage on small fixer-upper where the need is great?

• BabaYaga
    BabaYaga

Thanks for all the replies, folks, I am loving this!

Just another thought... Jesus was NOT a Christian... Christians are followers of Jesus. Jesus was a JEW... but not a very good one! He kept telling them to CHANGE all of their established laws. Yep, I wasn't kidding, folks... Jesus really WAS an apostate! (If he existed at all, but that's an entirely different thread...)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit