disfellowshipping / disassociated

by tak 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

It is a distinction without a difference.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike,

Are you shunned at the meetings? You are treated as a df/da person?

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Tell you what spike...since you are so sad that you got dfed and those nasty elders won't let you back in..I am offering you my assistance. I am willing to assist you in staging a bogus reinstatement. We will make a phony cong somewhere far from where you attend and I will be the chairman of the committee in your 'new cong'. We can buck the system and make this work.

Let's talk.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

"Disfellowshipped" refers to JC decision, on behalf of the CCCJW [Christian Congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses]. "Disassociation", on the other hand, is a personal decision, which the CCJW accepts after it has verified its authenticity. To be reinstated, each such "label" must be reversed.

Yes, even though the announcement was made that [Spike Tassel] is NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses (meaning, ostensibly, that the JC does not consider my baptism as valid), the CCJW treats me basically the same as if the announcement had actually been that [Spike Tassel] is NO LONGER one of Jehovah's Witnesses.

My conscience does NOT permit me to go along with a bogus reinstatement, nor a phony congregation.

I must overcome my stated belief that I cannot repent.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike,

WHy would you want to be a part of such an unloving group with such a tarnished history? Could this possibly be of God?

Why can you not repent? Is it something considered a sin by just the WT or is itconsidered a sin by all Christianity?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

The congregation whose meetings I attend is no unloving group, and has no tarnished history.

The force of some of my memories is too strong yet. I need good association, which I am not allowed, apparently, yet. The sins I deal with are ones I am uneasy with, and dare not discuss, lest they manifest.

• AK - Jeff
    AK - Jeff

If you still want to 'quit' after you have been 'fired'... well then, have at it.

Your DA letter won't even make a file. They will just read it and laugh. You are already out, man.

Jeff

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

tak's gone months ago, but I'm still here, so AK-J's reply doesn't help me

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Spike said:

The congregation whose meetings I attend is no unloving group, and has no tarnished history.

The force of some of my memories is too strong yet. I need good association, which I am not allowed, apparently, yet. The sins I deal with are ones I am uneasy with, and dare not discuss, lest they manifest.

My reply: Perhaps your cong displays love. But they do have a tarnished history- they follow the teachings and mandates of the GB. The GB has an extremely tarnished history of false prophecies, wrong teachings, etc.

You do not get 'good association' at the meetings. You are, for all practical purposes, disfellowshipped. This means you are cut off from the members with no association. Not discussing your 'sins' only pushes it under the rug to fester....does not aid in keeping them from manifesting. They are simply there waiting to act.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

to Isaac:— Philippians 3:13 teaches "Forgetting the things behind and stretching forward to the things ahead". Without a spiritual program I can be a part of, with goals, what options are meaningful? I think none.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit