disfellowshipping / disassociated

by tak 35 Replies latest jw experiences

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

Regardless of being disfellowshipped or disassociated, the correct announcement is [tak] is no longer one of Jehovah's Witnesses. The announcement would be made in the "home congregation" and possibly in any others which [tak] was known to visit.

• blondie
    blondie

spike, you aren't keeping up on WTS policy. The WTS hasn't announced "dfing or daing" in any but the home congregation for years in this area.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

I said "possibly". Popularity can still be a factor, we must not kid ourselves.

• blondie
    blondie

Then has been extremely unpopular in all 20 states and 3 countries I have lived in as a jw.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

There is also the possibility, which happened in my case, that the wording is [Spike Tassel] is NOT one of Jehovah's Witnesses; which I understand to mean that the JC doesn't consider my baptism as a JW to be valid. In that case, I'm not sure WHAT I can do to become legitimately part of the congregation.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Why did they make that announcement about you? Do you hold membership (even if inactive) in an org they do not allow?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If the DF'd or DA'd person continues to attend several congregations' meetings, then it is certainly most appropriate that all the congregations are properly warned. The same would be true for someone in my position, as well.

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

There is nothing written I have to go by, in my case, so I cannot comment further about it, especially since the "baptising" congregation did not ever have representation at any of my JC hearings.

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

How would you ever have anything written? JC's do not give you anything written.

Has anyone else ever heard of or encountered the scenario spike is describing?

• Spike Tassel
    Spike Tassel

If you have been disfellowshipped, then you are already no longer "one of Jehovah's Witnesses". Diasassociation would just make it harder to ever become "one of Jehovah's Witnesses", should you ever so desire to be recognized as such.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit