What do you think of todays youth?

by dawg 30 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• nvrgnbk
    nvrgnbk

These kids in Georgia don't like being scolded...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/23905909/

Their music sucks and they're fat and lazy.

• Burger Time
    Burger Time

I must agree with anewme Old people always try to claim that "youth today" just wasn't what it used to be! Let me tell you Dawg in non-college towns there are a lot of kids my age and younger who still believe in God and vote for the likes of Bush especially here in NC. Unless your actually in and around a large liberally college (not that GT is liberal) your going to find your typical run of the mill pro Christian army fatigue wearing patriots.

• Warlock
    Warlock

The tech is different, but the youth are the same.

I feel the same way about people in general.

Tech, hot and cold running water, indoor bathrooms, the rest is the same as it's always been.

Warlock

• chicken little
    chicken little

Why does believing in God have to be the touchstone of whether youths are good, moral or whatever else you want to call them.. My daughter left jws at the age of 18 and told me she saw more immorality concealed behind "goody twoshoes" witness facade among her peers in the cong. than she saw among her worldly collage students. I was still a jw at the time and tried to defend our standpoint...believing in God makes you a better person etc. I do not believe that anymore...people are good. Some are unfortunate to have a bad deal in life...others are wired wrongly upstairs...some are mean and awful...I teach my kids to be the best they can. I admire young people for living in a world that we messed up...we as in collective. Where there is life there is hope...give them some space.

• dawg
    dawg

Burgertime-How many insults can you make in one post! LOL!

First off, I wasn't saying they were bad or worse than us per se, but voting for Bush would make them not to intelligent in my mind. LOL!

Then, I didn't go to GT, I went to Georgia... I hope you come visit some day, but if you confuse this great college with GT, you're sure to get in a fight.

• dawg
    dawg

Chicken Little, I think its great they don't believe in the Bible.. as for God, I don't acre one way or the other

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

I think we say that about each generation. My mom, my grandmother etc have all said these words. And to all this

rings true each generation has their own set of standards, vocabulary and so forth. Nothing stays the same and I am sure this will be

true of every generation after us. But for my generation I have seen much of what you say.

hope4others

• new light
    new light

Just today, a coworker and I were discussing the violent and depressive lyrics in the hard rock songs on the radio. It seems to me a lot of the heavier popular music is getting more and more violent. The lyrics basically tell kids to take weapons to school and take revenge on their "enemies". I know that when I was a kid, music and musicians had a big influence on everyone I knew. "Garbage in/Garbage out" I believe is the saying. Kids essentially reflect what is fed to them.

• LouBelle
    LouBelle

They want want want. They don't appreciate anything, there's an air of constant expectancy, they want to know what they can get out of this or that one. Pre-occupied with ipods, games, mobile phones, very few solid friendships.

It's all about now, how much, me, I, brands, coolness. I'm glad I'm my age. Not that I'm an golden oldie either but ja I'm glad I had days that I played make believe.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit