Proof that WT literature is not needed...

by The Last Nephilim 18 Replies latest watchtower bible

• sir82
    sir82
    I believe that 2012 is going to put a final stop to all those 2011 end times predictions.

Hard to argue with that one!

• snowbird
    snowbird

From The Message Bible:

2 Timothy 3:16-17 Every part of Scripture is God-breathed and useful one way or another—showing us truth, exposing our rebellion, correcting our mistakes, training us to live God's way. Through the Word we are put together and shaped up for the tasks God has for us.

I enjoy reading commentaries on the Scriptures, but none of these commentaries should overshadow the Holy Scriptures. IMO, that is where the WTS is in grave error.

Sylvia

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

freeme, if the scripture means that the Bible is only a perfect base, then that implies that something more is needed. On the contrary, it DOES say that it will make a person "COMPLETELY equipped" and "FULLY competent". What more is needed? (Not trying to argue, just trying to see where you're coming from)

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

How do you understand this scripture? Jeremiah 31:31-34. It is speaking to the nation

of Israel, but why wouldn't it apply to all believers?

31 "The time is coming," declares the LORD,
    "when I will make a new covenant
    with the house of Israel
    and with the house of Judah.

32 It will not be like the covenant
    I made with their forefathers
    when I took them by the hand
    to lead them out of Egypt,
    because they broke my covenant,
    though I was a husband to [ a ] them, [ b ] "
    declares the LORD.

33 "This is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel
    after that time," declares the LORD.
    "I will put my law in their minds
    and write it on their hearts.
    I will be their God,
    and they will be my people.

34 No longer will a man teach his neighbor,
    or a man his brother, saying, 'Know the LORD,'
    because they will all know me,
    from the least of them to the greatest,"
    declares the LORD.
    "For I will forgive their wickedness
    and will remember their sins no more."

Love and hugs,

Velta

• OBVES
    OBVES

It come to its full fruition in the Paradise when Jesus and his 144000 menservants will constitute one world government.

The whole Israel consists of : Jesus Christ + 144000 servants + other saved christians from many nations of the world and it must be called the spiritual Israel.They all will rule over other nations who accepted Christ as Savior .

The spiritual Israel:

Jesus Christ - the head of the government , 144000 like the ministers of the government, the other christians as workers in the ministries for the ministers .

All other nations : subject to the rule of the above.

This order will be everlasting .

This is reflected in the resurrected bodies they all will have . I wrote on the resurrection body the way I understand it.

Jesus Christ as God + 144000 gods will have non-aging bodies ;never subeject to death .

All other christians the same perfect bodies but subject to death in case of disobedience to God.

All other saved - from other nations will have physical bodies that will be subject to renewals .Something of a kind what the scientists say about such a possibility .When manipulating with human genes they can extend life indefinitely by renewing the bodies.They too will be subject to death in case of disobedience to God.

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

Velta- Well, those verses in Jeremiah certainly seem to point to a time when there will be no need for a "preaching work". The question is; Is the "new covenant" he was speaking of something yet to happen when the "new order" has arrived or is it the one he made with his disciples at the passover, knowing that their writings would be compiled into the Bible as we know it today, thus eliminating the need to tell people to "know the Lord" because he is known through the pages of the Bible?

I like "option B" myself! =)

• Eliveleth
    Eliveleth

TLN,

You could be right. I never thought about it that way. There are so many

things in the Bible that are open to interpretation. No one can say for sure

what they mean. I believe that the moral principles written in the Bible are

good, but a lot of the scriptures can mean different things. The men who

wrote them were very different from one another and from different backgrounds.

They certainly faced a different reality then those of us living today.

Thanks for sharing this thought.

Love and hugs,

Velta

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

Velta- You and others on this site have posted (and PM'd) some really kind words toward me lately. Thank you. All of you! =)

• The Last Nephilim
    The Last Nephilim

One more thing- Jeremiah 31:33 says, "I will put my law in their minds and write it on their hearts. "
    Proverbs 3:3 says, "May loving-kindness and trueness themselves not leave you. Tie them about your throat. Write them upon the tablet of your heart."

Hmm... "TRUENESS". Methinks these two verses have something in common in connection with 2 Timothy 3:16, 17. Agree? Throw in Joshua 1:8 for good measure-

"8 This book of the law should not depart from your mouth, and you must in an undertone read in it day and night, in order that you may take care to do according to all that is written in it; for then you will make your way successful and then you will act wisely."

"Fully competent", "completely equipped", "successful", "act wisely", "trueness", "in [our] hearts" = Bible.
    No Watchtower, Awake, or any other publication.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit