"Special" Talk Outline for this Sunday?

by Mrs. Witness 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

Hello everyone. Last night hubby told me that his brother (an elder) told him how "provocative" the outline for this Sunday's special talk is. Apparently it's something like "Who is Qualified to Rule Mankind" and goes on about how government is not qualified. He then asked me if I'd like to attend (ha ha). I told him I'd be more interested in a special talk about how the WTBTS is not qualified to rule their congregations and then I proceeded to berate him for about an hour about what's wrong with the WTBTS. He tried to salvage by going off topic, but I reeled him back.

I stunned him with the news that Brooklyn Bethel is on the sales block. I jabbed with the pedophilia cases. Then we got on the topic of how people will do anything if they think it's what their religion wants when he brought up a sad tale that he'd heard about a woman who let her child die rather than get the child treatment for "treatable diabetes" because her religious belief was that prayer would heal the child (). So then I pounced! I said "how is that any different than letting your child die from a treatable disease like leukemia by not allowing blood transfusions?!" Then I brought up Emma Gough and how she died from a "treatable" hemmorage after child birth. I said "how can you condemn that woman for not treating diabetes but say that becoming a martyr by refusing blood is good?!"

But I digress...I started this topic to beseech the active elders on the board for a scan of the "provocative" outline for this Sunday's special talk. Does anyone have it?

Thanks in advance!

Mrs. Witness.

• AlphaOmega
  • Mrs. Witness
    Mrs. Witness

AO, you're the best!! I can't wait to hand this to hubby!!!!

• slimboyfat
    slimboyfat

An elder phoned me told me it was something to do with Julius Caesar and 40 elephants or something, I'm not sure, I tuned out.

• oompa
    oompa

Thanks all.

From outline: have rulers based on wealth or blood descent (g90 9/8 26-7) AND:

Many believe that Jesus Christ existed, but few demonstrate faith that he is actually ruling as King

Evidence that he has taken power and begun ruling in heaven is abundant (bh 84-95)

Funny, they bash earthly rule based on blood decent!!!! isn't that exactly why the Bible documents every relative of Jesus all the way back to Adam?? WTF? How can they make that argument? And I put the EVIDENCE of Jesus ruling just because I can't wait to see what BS in in (bh 84-95). More than likely it is "indirect evidence" at best...........................oompa

• Satanus
    Satanus

'how "provocative" the outline for this Sunday's special talk is'

Perhaps they will put the f word in there, somewhere.

S

• carla
    carla

Does the 'special' talk add an extra 30 minutes to the meeting? what's the deal with having a talk called the 'special' talk? Shouldn't every week be 'special'? It just sounds so retarded to me and doesn't sound 'special' either, same old rhetoric as always.

• chickpea
    chickpea

i just read the thing.....

it is about as special as generic cereal and powdered milk

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother
    doesn't sound 'special' either

Spot on there Carla !,,,The Special Talk was always a bore . It was hyped up to enthuse the gullible but never said anything different. I remember when they had to be delivered word for word from a manuscript . Nobody could make it sound conversational so it was a recital .

I always managed to avoid the assignment

• Meeting Junkie No More
    Meeting Junkie No More

Mrs. Witness:

I love your style! Sounds like you gave hubby a 'special' talk of your own that will give him more to think about than anything he might hear this Sunday! Like others have said, there is NOTHING SPECIAL about this same old, same old DRIVEL - all hype and zero substance!

Keep hitting him with it - sounds like you gave him both barrels!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit