when is armagaedon coming

by bimfy 52 Replies latest watchtower bible

• LovesDubs
    LovesDubs

Its funny how even talking about it like its imminent now sounds SO much like TRIPE to me now being out 11 years. I had JWs at my door a couple weeks ago...they were obviously new to the Kingdoom Hall right BEHIND me here and didnt know my husband IS a JW but never goes and Im an EVIL APOSTATE (echo echo echo) but I let them go on and on before I stopped them. When she said "All you have to do is look around you in the world to see how CLOSE Armageddon is!! Jehovah is going to destroy this wicked world soon!" I was thinking...she really does WISH IT WOULD COME ALREADY so she doesnt have to be out here in the heat making a damn fool of herself day after day when Jehoover doesnt come through.

Sooooooooooo glad Im out of that stinkin armpit of a cult.

LD

• Aleman
    Aleman

"But know this," the Bible says, "that in the last days critical times hard to deal with will be here. For men will be lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away."— 2 Timothy 3:1-5 .

The historians and commentators say, there has never been a time on earth like the one experienced from 1914 onward. As to other features of Christ's sign of the last days, these facts should be considered: The earth-wide proclamation of Christ's presence and Kingdom has been of a magnitude unprecedented in history. Persecution for preaching has never equaled that visited upon Jehovah's Witnesses. CHRISTIANS are commanded to "make disciples of people of all the nations," but this does not mean that they are to use pressure or convert others by force. Jesus' commission was to "tell good news to the meek ones," to "bind up the brokenhearted," to "comfort all the mourning ones." ( Matthew 28:19 ; Isaiah 61:1, 2 ; Luke 4:18, 19 ) Jehovah's Witnesses seek to do this by declaring the good news from the Bible.

I guess many of this forum are not meek, brokenhearted, and mourning for anyone. Instead they are "lovers of themselves, lovers of money, self-assuming, haughty, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, unthankful, disloyal, having no natural affection, not open to any agreement, slanderers, without self-control, fierce, without love of goodness, betrayers, headstrong, puffed up with pride, lovers of pleasures rather than lovers of God, having a form of godly devotion but proving false to its power; and from these turn away".

-Aleman

• JCanon
    JCanon

Armageddon will arrive when God chooses it to. But we do have some hints about it in the Bible.

1) The Bible does suggest that Christians expecting the end will think it is "delayed" for some reason. Meaning many chosen to be in the kingdom will have to wait for a while.

2) The Bible says, even though it might seem to be delaying, it will not be late! Hab. 2:3 " 3 For [the] vision is yet for the appointed time, and it keeps panting on to the end, and it will not tell a lie. Even if it should delay, keep in expectation of it; for it will without fail come true. It will not be late."

The above context alone suggest the "short period" of time from Satan's being kicked out of heaven until Armageddon will not be immediate but seem a bit "delayed" and lingering to the last minute.

The fact is, though, while some may consider the delay as God's slowness, it is actually his patience. Because every day Armageddon is delayed there are potentially more than will be saved.

CHRONOLOGY CHECK/ARMAGEDDON LIMITS: But even though we don't know the day nor hour, it is important, I think to understand the chronology involved, if only to confirm we are still "on schedule." That is, ultimately Armageddon must occur at least 1000 years before the end of the 7th Creative Day. So that's one limiting factor. In that regard, based upon corrected chronology, if Adam were 30 years old when Eve was created then the last 1000 years would begin in 2131 AD. So we are no where near the 6030 year date as far as the absolute date for the millennium.

However, the above is flexible since it seems apparent that after the millennium, Satan's last stint to mislead mankind, after he is let out of the abyss, seems to occur before the beginning of the 8th Creative Day. Likewise, Jugdment Day, which follows Satan's destruction and involves the second resurrection would be a factor as well since that too would happen best before the 8th Creative Day. That is, everything is restored by Jesus when he hands everything back over to the Creator at the end of the 7th Creative Day. But to allow for Satan's last temptation and Judgment Day on this side of the 8th Creative Day, the 2131 AD absolute date that begins the last 1000 years does not really represent the Armageddon date. If we allow 40 years for Satan's last test, and 80 years for Judgment Day, then 2131 AD is reduced by 120 years, in which case we are looking at 2011 as a potential date that would begin the millennium.

So while some say Armgeddon is "near" or "around the corner" others see potentially the chronology indication as running out in a more specific manner.

Besides that, the Bible does say that Jehovah would not do anything without telling his servants first and you have a few people coming up with 2011 AD, so that would qualify as "prior notice."

OTHER RELATED EVENTS: Finally, Armageddon is cleared in relation to other events. That is, like the second coming (1992), the 12th hour of paying the vineyard workers (1991-1998), etc. The only thing we are waiting for is the destruction of Babylon the Great which leads right into Armageddon. So things are good.

One of the contexts of Armageddon occuring is an economic crisis linked with BTG, which some are predicting is occurring right now. Certainly, if the US government is giving away money to "stimulate the economy" the world economic situation is dire. So the political and economic climate is very "ripe" for Armageddon.

JC

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit