Our friend is gone now

by 2tired2care 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• Carmel
    Carmel

I'm sorry for your loss, but I wonder how long you will hold on to the idea of "time of the end" as adumbrated by the JWs! Even a cursory investigation will reveal that its the "end of an age". I'll be around so when you get tired waiting for a non-event, give me a yell. carmel

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Welcome and so sorry for your loss. I read somewhere that there is a higher proportion of the jw population with mental illness than with prison inmates. Look up Dr. Jerry Bergman for more info. It may help you to understand the dynamics within the organization.

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

I am sorry too for your loss. The WTBS is geared for preying on the guilt conscieces of the R & F and this can be a heavy burden on one mentally and physically. This is one of the reasons I left the Borg.

I agree with the others on this thread. Stick around and read posts from others and post often. You will find support and it does help.

Sincerley,

Quirky1

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

Sorry to read of the tragic experience - it is a fact that so many Witnesses struggle to survive in such a target led environmnt . Christianity is supposed to relieve stress, not cause it! - I beleve that genuine Christianity does relieve stress...

I hope that you make this board your home

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit