So, my mother is coming over today because evidently my "thinking is not...

by cognac 33 Replies latest jw friends

• blondie
    blondie

I wouldn't get into a big discussion trying to prove it her. She is coming to prove it to you, that you are wrong. I would say that if a witness truly believes so many people are at risk, everyone in the congregation should be spending much more time preaching and teaching, making the necessary adjustments to regular pioneer, even moving to areas where there aren't many jws. That is if they really care about people. She should pay attention to the next WT study about improving the quality of that preaching and teaching.

I just don't get into with my family. As long as they are "true believers" no logic or proof will change their minds. It has to come from within them, their experiences and observations.

I know it's your mom, but you have to know where this is going.

Love, Blondie

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I would say that if a witness truly believes so many people are at risk, everyone in the congregation should be spending much more time preaching and teaching, making the necessary adjustments to regular pioneer, even moving to areas where there aren't many jws. That is if they really care about people.

I agree with Blondie. If she's so all-fired sure that WTS is the truth and that your thinking is wrong,
    then she needs to increase her role in the preaching/warning work.

"Mom, if most of mankind are about to be destroyed, then why aren't you pioneering?"
    "Mom, if you are sure, why aren't you moving to where the need is greater?"
    "Mom, how can you even think to take vacations or visit family or enjoy a movie or
    a ballgame when there are so many people who could be saved from destruction."

• flipper
    flipper

COGNAC- I know some or a good portion of your situation as you have talked with my wife and I ; we consider you a good friend. As Blondie said , " you are now entering the " twilight zone " of dealing with witness relatives who are intent on falsely " saving " you from yourself - they think. But they are " mind controlled" to be that way . Remember you are not talking to people ( even if they are relatives ) who have both oars in the water so to speak. They are not capable to change quickly and be immediately convinced by you - ain't gonna happen. I found that out with my witness daughter who I spoke to for the first time in 9 months this last week.

From your previous writings here on JWD I noticed that before - your Dad seemed like the one trying to protect you from the witness organization backlash regarding your differing views. Your Mom was giving ideas to your Dad verbally , being the neck that turns his head , so to speak. Since Mom wants to come talk with you now after your Dad fiasco yesterday or day before - I still assume this is happening , it's Mom who is propelling this thing into overdrive !

As Blondie said , I would be careful what you say to Mom . Be honest , sincere , but avoid the magic death dealing words " I don't think this is Jehovah's organization or " the faithful slave is not appointed by Jehovah". What you say in that way can or will be used against you in a judicial committee meeting - especially if you say it in front of 2 witnesses. You can say I have confusion and doubts , I am depressed , I have serious concerns , etc. but be careful of using the first words I said . I don't know how devoted your Mom is to the organization - but if she is like my daughter, my daughter said, " Dad, Jehovah is my spiritual father, and what he says comes first ! " So , be honest , but carefully honest , and ask yourself if you want to have dealings with your family still- or are you able to handle them shunning you by getting DFed. Only you can answer that question. You are smart- I know you will do what's best for you. Good luck, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Hope you manage to hold on to your inner self and the intuition that tells you all is not well with the WT and those aboard her imaginary ark - which by the way, the Noah class who started preaching the message have mostly dropped dead already before the flood!

There is no onus on you to inform over 6 billion about the times we are in - millions will die within the week and god will receive whomsoever as has always been the case! Even your religion is immaterial - look into nature and god will energies you or any human anywhere on Earth!

You do not needs words of others to be who you are!

Best wishes!

• cognac
    cognac

My whole point isn't to try to prove anything to her. The point is, is that I want her to know I don't believe it. I don't want to even get into any sort of debate about it. If she starts one, I will cut it off.

I respect what she believes. For some reason, I just feel strongly that it is a part of a healing process for me. To simply say I don't believe it. There's no debate. There's no me telling her what to do. It simply ends there. This is for my healing. The idea that I am speaking up for where my heart is...

I don't know why I feel the need to do this. It's just important to me. I was made to believe something that just about ruined my heart. I could never say anything otherwise about it. I was made to believe something that never felt right to me.

I won't let people have control over where my heart is anymore. It's that simple. And the people who make me feel otherwise will know where my heart stands.

I guess it's weird, I don't know...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Cognac, many of us caution you because we know how JW's react to things.
    It is not wrong, however, to speak your mind. It is not wrong to proclaim what you
    believe or do not believe.

Everyone makes their own choices for their own reasons.
    If your choice causes some family members to "mark" or "shun" you, we are
    saddened by that, but you know how true to yourself you need to be.

Strength and peace to you. Most of us just believe the JW's in our lives won't listen.
    It's enough for me to know the real truth and make it a challenge to reveal it to my
    loved ones without being "cut off" from their lives.

Also remember that Mom is manipulated by the same forces that held you captive,
    and she doesn't believe she is being manipulated.

• CyrusThePersian
    CyrusThePersian
    To simply say I don't believe it. There's no debate.

Very nicely put.

I like that.

CyrusThePersian

• knock knock
    knock knock

You're right about the need to take a stand for yourself - at some point everyone has to do that. I hope things pan out for you cognac.

lol at the laptop & coffee bit too. :) It made me wonder if anyone here has printed out the WT comments from here and had those to follow along with the WTstudy. I can only imagine how difficult it would be to do and not blow a gasket!

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Wow cognac that would be exciting sitting at the hall typing away on jwd, your pretty lucky they have

internet to plug into. I can't see that I would be that brave!

Don't get caught.

sorry no laptop icon...

hope4others

• cognac
    cognac

Wow cognac that would be exciting sitting at the hall typing away on jwd, your pretty lucky they have

internet to plug into. I can't see that I would be that brave!

Don't get caught.

Yeah, it was exciting... They don't have internet, I have Verizon Broadband. All I have to do is put this thing in my computer and then connect. It's pretty cool. My hubby got it right at the verizon wireless store...

Nobody said anything to me about it at the meeting...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit