Do you feel reading through the bible in the past has benefited you at all?

by Hope4Others 39 Replies latest jw experiences

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others

Putting the doctrine aside do you feel it has given you any advantages? Case in point my son posts on University sites and often the topic about the bible

and God come up. Having read through the bible as many times as we have helps to know where people are going with the questions they are asking. Although he hates the Cult/

WT he still feels having read through the bible has many advantages and others have said this to him. Any thoughts?

hope4others

• crazyblondeb
    crazyblondeb

Personally, I rate the bible up there with Cinderella..........

• aquagirl
    aquagirl

No,not a bit more than reading any other fiction,

• MissingLink
    MissingLink

Sure - if I hadn't read it, then I'd be wondering if I'm missing out on something. Since I know its a bunch-o-bunk, I don't have any doubt or awe about relgions based on the bible.

• yknot
    yknot

Yes, very much! If it hadn't I wouldn't be leaving the corporation permanently in June. The Bible showed them to be modern day Pharisees.

• FlipThis
    FlipThis

not at all.

• Tired of the Hypocrisy
    Tired of the Hypocrisy

I have learned a lot by trying to apply what I have read in the Bible. Like the poster above, it showed me the bs the washtowel society has been feeding us forever.

• AllTimeJeff
    AllTimeJeff

Since the question is benefit, then yes.

I read it 20 times. Knowing what I do now, 2 would have been plenty! To read it more then that is to assign it too much importance.

There is certainly some acquired wisdom there. The words attributed to Jesus at time are very benficial, though not enough to build a 2000 year old cult around.

• oompa
    oompa

It definitely helps when I play Jeopardy....usually run the Bible column............oompa

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

Reading the bible isn't what hurt me. The problems arose when I allowed cultists to explain the bible to me instead of taking it at face value.

W

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit