Blondie's Comments You Will Not Hear at the 3-30-08 WT Study (God's ways)

by blondie 31 Replies latest jw friends

• garybuss
    garybuss

Good job Blondie. It sounds like if I pray for two wives I can expect to get them. Of course that would be too confusing to my wife's cat.

Reminds me of a story I heard about guys who went to the Amazon to catch monkeys for export cash sales. They chased em all over heck and didn't have good success until they put peanuts in a glass jar with a narrow neck. The monkeys would reach into the jar and get a hand full of peanuts but they couldn't get their hand back out of the jar unless they dropped the peanuts.

The monkeys wouldn't drop the peanuts and the hunters just had to walk up and drop a bag on the monkey and he was on a boat to North America.

The moral of the story is: If there's somebody smarter than you on a hunt, keep your hands off the nuts.

• TopHat
    TopHat

Poztate....LOL...just what I was thinking...The anger coming from that poster toward blondie means a Watchtower brainwashed slave.

• lancelink
    lancelink

I don't get it. Why spend so much time and energy trying to disprove JWs? If you don't like them, go away.

we have engaged the borg

• bobld
    bobld

Thanks Blondie for an excellent review.You know the Bible front,back center.Not so with the wbts/gb/fds.

I like the way you go into the history of their publications and show how delirious they really are.Your word is true.

Bob

• Hope4Others
    Hope4Others
    from Q#5 : When you have reached the age of responsibility, you are answerable to Jehovah for the way you act whether you are baptized or not.—Romans 14:11, 12.

There's no need to rush then.

from Q#19: Thus elders may inquire of governmental agencies or contact Witnesses who are experienced in these matters. They then may arrange for a capable brother or sister to help the needy person to receive the available benefits.—Romans 13:1, 4.

Anything to get off the hook WT.

from Q18: Refused to betray them--can jws keep a secret, really? They are trained to run to the elders with every "sin" they perceive in their "fellow believers."

That is a definite, affirmative NO!

Excellent job Blondie!

hope4others

• blondie
    blondie

Thanks, OTWO. New WT format, SOC.

The appreciation helps, 5th Gen.

Your welcome, whereiam.

Welcome, 49&holding. This is not for the WTS administration but individual jws who sit in the audience wondering if they are the only one thinking these thoughts and not getting answers from those in charge; even getting told out and out lies. Then they can examine the history of the WTS and decide whether to stay or go. As to other religions, I have only been a jw and do not feel I have the experiences and knowledge to address their issues. But there are other websites with members and ex-members that examine the beliefs and actions of those religions. The thing is that the WTS condemns all other religions as false and of the devil and soon to be destroyed by the "political elements" of the world. As a jw of more than 50 years and a family history that goes back 3 generations, I feel I bring a rounded viewpoint of the WTS. If you have never been a jw, it is like trying to understand what it is like to be raped having never been raped.

Aude, thanks for your reasoned explanation.

Hi Inquisitor. Thanks for pointing out the error. I am asking the mods/admins to correct that since it is past the time I can. I still write 2007 at work sometimes. Is it a freudian slip?

Good point, tophat. The WTS is egocentric. They even say that the NT is really just for the anointed and the great crowd just get the crumbs that fall from the table.

Hello, Poztate, a man of few but telling words. (hug)

Gary, why stop with praying for two? If you are going to ask for trouble, why not go big? Greed drives the WTS. They are so busy lying to "protect God's name" with this pedophile issue, they forget the pain and troubles of the victims. It is like that monkey with its hand in the narrow vase, the legal system has them by the nuts.

Welcome lancelink. Since the WTS has death-dealing doctrines such as no blood transfusion doctrine but then allowing hemoglobin-based products made out of stored (not allowed per WTS doctrine) blood (human and animal), jws die now and in the past not knowing what the WTS sanctions or not. I know of jws that have committed suicide for being df'd for things they do while under the control of a serious mental illness. The elders were sad afterwards but could not give these people back their lives or their presence to their grieving families. I'm merely trying to give other information to the victims and their families, to be able to examine the official doctrine in line with what the WTS has said in the past and currently. It is important to be like the Bereans and make sure of the more important things.

Thanks bob, it is best to use their own words to make a point. Hoist them with their own words.

Hi, Hope4Others, jw parents are still trying to get the WTS to put a number to the "age of responsibility." No infant baptism, but is six old enough to make a life-defining decision?

Love, Blondie

• blondie
    blondie

BTW this should read 3-30-08 (February 15, 2008)

• hamsterbait
    hamsterbait

49&holding -

WELCOME. Coming here shows you have an open mind and are willing to think for yourself, making your OWN decisions.

Many people here criticize and dispute Watchtower teachings, not specifically because they dislike the organization.

I find that this site is much more than that. It is a therapy, where those of us whose lives have been ruined by believing what we were taught as jehovah's Witnesses can heal.

Talking about things, saying what we think of it all WHERE ELSE can we do this to such relief ?

As for trying to disprove WT teachings- Another benefit of being here is that members can "vent" and ask "am I the ONLY one who feels this way?

Maybe Blondie feels she is helping JWs to see that they are in a dangerous position, by putting faith in a man-made organization. Like many other main stream Christians on this board perhaps she feels concerned that many JWs are going to Hell forever and views her ministry as a soul saving work.

The whole point of this board is we can say what we think, share the news, dispute, fall out, make up AND NOBODY WILL PUNISH US OR CONDEMN US.

The fact you are here shows you are looking for something the same.

After 40 years of sitting in Kingdom Halls, I have found a comfort here that I never knew before.

I have been helped in many ways, prayed for (yes - it works!!) and got things off my chest that were just festering. The elders would just have made a big issue of it all to no good effect.

Stay around. You may well have a good laugh if nothing else.

BLONDIE - this was so well covered. I have noted the April 72 WTclaiming they are prophets.(of course they recently said in a Watchtower they never said that)

Love

HB

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

Once again, we have an article with a bunch of totally disjointed incidents found in the Bible to give us "examples" to go by, most of which are in the Old Testament. These were totally isolated cases, and totally isolated incidents. All stock answers--much as last week's Puketower article was.

Happiness? It was mentioned in the first two paragraphs (that the witlesses were the happiest people on the planet). But, it was not brought up again throughout the remainder of the article, and none of those stock stories portray actual happiness. Besides, if Jehovah's Witlesses are the happiest people on the earth, then why are so many on antidepressants

WHERE'S THE BEEF?

• blondie
    blondie

HI HB, I am just trying to provide the hard text of the WT study articles and tie in things the WTS has said previously that does not harmonize with their doctrines. One thing I noticed when I was going to the meetings is that the word "Christians" really only meant jws because in their view, no one else is a "true" Christian. Christians outside the organization might be surprised that their worship and faith are without value in the eyes of jws. Thanks for your points. Revisiting the 1972 article was a good reminder for me. The WTS tends to stop mentioning their mistakes hoping people will forget or that "generation" will die off. Things like 1975 and 7,000 year creative days. I never knew about 1925 until the Proclaimers book which made me do so research. And jws thought that 1975 was the first and only prophetic debacle.

Hello, WTWizard, happiest? The antidepressants comment is so true. One elder said there should just be a bowl of pills at the KH entrance and everyone could take what they needed, himself included.

Love, Blondie

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit