Create your perfect world

by Layla33 12 Replies latest jw friends

• Layla33
    Layla33

I know we have some very imaginative people, so let's pretend we are "GOD". We see how much of an economic crisis we are in, how politics is making people fight from all sides, so many religions and they are all fighting against each other, in fact, every difference can be a breaking point for division. So it is up to YOU! Create a world that is functional, realistic and economically sound.

It can be as short or long as you want, but I think it would be a good place to come up with some ideas and possibly create a reality that even in our own lives, can make a difference.

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

I think John Lennon said it pretty well with "Imagine"

• Layla33
    Layla33

One of my favorite songs of all time, along with Bohemian Rhapsody .

Lyrics to Imagine:

(by John Lennon)

Imagine there's no heaven
    It's easy if you try
    No hell below us
    Above us only sky
    Imagine all the people
    Living for today...

Imagine there's no countries
    It isn't hard to do
    Nothing to kill or die for
    And no religion too
    Imagine all the people
    Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will be as one

Imagine no possessions
    I wonder if you can
    No need for greed or hunger
    A brotherhood of man
    Imagine all the people
    Sharing all the world...

You may say I'm a dreamer
    But I'm not the only one
    I hope someday you'll join us
    And the world will live as one

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Layla,

Thanks for posting the lyrics to "Imagine."

I don't know if you have read any of my other posts musing about humans as a species. In case you haven't, I'll share a little. I am just finishing up a masters degree and geology -- studying geology for the past 6 years has really been interesting because there is whole philosophical twist that geology imposes on you. You cannot study the changes in the earth and the species that have appeared and disappeared over 100s of millions and billions of years without thinking about the role and destiny of our own species and ourselves as individuals.

In paleontology there is the concept of "juvenile" and "mature" species. Juvenile species are those which appear in the geologic record but never reach their full evolutionary potential before they disappear from the record. On the other hand, mature species adapt, radiate into many different ecologial niches, and persist in the geologic record long enough to become a very diverse "family" of organisms. The reason I mention this is that from an evolutionary standpoint humans are truly a juvenile species.

The metaphor is inescapable. We are like gawky teenagers with the ability and power to do all kinds of stuff, but as a species, we lack the experience and wisdom to harness the power. We are a species that is out of control on the planet. I wax and wane between optimism and utter dispair about what is to become of the human race. One thing is certain, if we don't get our act together, mother nature is going to deal with us and won't be pretty.

I think the hope lies in the fact that we are able to "Imagine" -- perhaps we can "will" our species to develop a moral compass that will exalt our "human" qualities above the animal qualities that seem to predominate.

Sorry, if I took a bit of a negative turn on cheery post. It is important to keep the hope alive that we can do better. Thanks for starting this thread.

Cheers,

Alex

• Layla33
    Layla33
    we lack the experience and wisdom to harness the power. We are a species that is out of control on the planet. I wax and wane between optimism and utter dispair about what is to become of the human race. One thing is certain, if we don't get our act together, mother nature is going to deal with us and won't be pretty.

I think the hope lies in the fact that we are able to "Imagine" -- perhaps we can "will" our species to develop a moral compass that will exalt our "human" qualities above the animal qualities that seem to predominate.

Sorry, if I took a bit of a negative turn on cheery post. It is important to keep the hope alive that we can do better. Thanks for starting this thread.

Cheers,

Alex

Oh I definitely agree, it's not negative its reality, look at how divided and utterly incapable of moving forward as a species we are. I look around everyday in such sheer wonder and at the same time great sadness over what I see to be the incapability to rise to a higher level of awareness. I totally believe in the end Mothern Nature will trump us all.

I think the animal kingdom is amazing, wonderful and a great way for us to learn about the gift of life we have. Sometimes I simply go to the zoo or to an aquarium and watch. I did some graduate work on applied behavioral psychology and worked with the animal kingdom at various stages, amazing... I admire what you are doing, I am sure it is incredibly rewarding. :-)

By the way, do you think Lennon was atheist?

• new boy
    new boy

I think we will see the change...It is happening now.

Everything is in Erhart Tolle's "The New Earth"

Namaste

Keith

• Alpaca
    Alpaca

Layla,

That's pretty cool that you have some experience with animal behavior -- and also that you can relate to my comments. Some peoples' eyes just glaze over when I bring up geology.

I don't know for sure, but if I remember correctly, I believe John Lennon was an atheist. And, speaking of that have you ever looked into CFI (Center For Inquiry) or any of the other secular humanist organizations? The secular humanists talk about this kind of stuff all the time. I belong to the local chaper of CFI.

Cheers,

Alex

• Layla33
    Layla33

Layla,

That's pretty cool that you have some experience with animal behavior -- and also that you can relate to my comments. Some peoples' eyes just glaze over when I bring up geology.

I don't know for sure, but if I remember correctly, I believe John Lennon was an atheist. And, speaking of that have you ever looked into CFI (Center For Inquiry) or any of the other secular humanist organizations? The secular humanists talk about this kind of stuff all the time. I belong to the local chaper of CFI.

Cheers,

Alex

I have never looked into the CFI, and briefly read over some of the philosophies on humanist organizations, but not anything I could actually comment on. It sounds pretty interesting, I will have to look into it.

• SacrificialLoon
    SacrificialLoon

Two words:

Planet bacon.

Seriously, I'd start with reengineering the human mind to get rid of all the negative baggage from the past, aggression, tribalism, territoriality, submission to the alpha male, etc.. Once I make humans less err... human things will fall into place.

If I'm stuck with humans as is well then a structure that mitigates and/or redirects these traits would be good. Today capitalism seems to work to this effect to some extent as it channels a lot of this aggression into making money, but it does have its drawbacks. Uncontrolled it leads to corruption, greed, and exploitation, because that's what humans do.

Maybe a benevolent computer dictator... seriously. A kinder gentler skynet to save humans from themselves.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I know we have some very imaginative people, so let's pretend we are "GOD". We see how much of an economic crisis we are in, how politics is making people fight from all sides, so many religions and they are all fighting against each other, in fact, every difference can be a breaking point for division. So it is up to YOU! Create a world that is functional, realistic and economically sound.

It can be as short or long as you want, but I think it would be a good place to come up with some ideas and possibly create a reality that even in our own lives, can make a difference.

I could probably come up with several comments to this post.

My first comment, If there is a God, this is the way he wants it.

If he is the God of the bible this is the way he wants it. He is having a pissing contest with his buddy the debil, we are his pawns. Bush is his king, the us Army is his knight. The catholic church is his bishop. New York is his castle.

And Jehobers having a hell of a time.

Comment two, if you want to play this game in real time, become a Morman, when you get your magic underware,. you will be on the way to getting your own planet to rule over.

Comment 3, the people who created this world, the international corporations have created a world that is economically sound for them. We are the pawns, the consumers. As long as we keep consuming their goods their world is economically sound. And when Amerika cant afford the goods their will be new markets to buy electronics and toys. If the markets get too saturated, have a war. Then you can make lots of money rebuilding the war torn area. But dont nuke it, because it wont be useable anytime soon.

Comment 4, marry rich, marry someone who has money, be a gold digger.

Comment 5, join a commune or monistary, secular or religious order. Either way you will probaly have to give up much of your free will and individuality.

Comment 6. If you were God and you wanted a world that is more functional and economically sound than this one, you would have to take away more free will. If you were a god you could make robots, If you were a smart god the robots would do whatever you programed, wanted them to do.

Comment 7. What the God of the bible did in the old testament was he had his people kill off everyone that was different and that didnt follow his program. Then they conquered the land flowing with milk and honey and things were manageable as long as the people followed his rules and kept the foreigners out. But that damn free will keeps becoming an issue. I guess you could go back to number 6 to tweak number 7.

The best thing each person can do to have a world that is functional and economically sound, is to assess their own personal situation, where they are in life. read, use the internet, gather information and make the best decisions you can to achieve this goal. Some will succeed and some will fail.

Like my father always told me, that's life.

Afterthought. I think they have computer games called Sims, where you can do something like this on your computer. And their are some people that think we, us peobles, are in someone elses computer being manipulated.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit