Judge rules JW elders must testify in molestation case

by pseattle2 30 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

Once this battle is fought and lost, there are going to be a new laundry list of terms introduced into the culture. It will be yet another religious procedure being overturned by a non-religious entity.

• Satanus
    Satanus

I love how they want their elders to be treated the same as catholic priests are treated. Rutherford era jws wouldn't believe their ears, if they heard that.

S

• calico
    calico
    The elders also told the father that Simental had never done this before and was no danger to the community,

So that makes everything ok--what if it had been their child?

• wha happened?
    wha happened?

let's apply the same logic with murder. Hmmm it just doesn't hold water does it?

• flipper
    flipper

This could be a watermark ruling ; forcing elders to have to come to court and publicly testify about what they know in particular child abuse cases within their congregations . The Watchtower society hates publicity , as evidenced by their out of court settlements in the shadows of the dark alleys with 16 witness abuse victims in 2007 ! So being forced to testify will be more bad publicity for the witnesses in the public forum. It will also be interesting as well to see if the "mother " governing body supports these elders in their testimony - or throws them under the bus as they do elders calling from phone booths about child abuse ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• pseattle2
    pseattle2
    This could be a watermark ruling ; forcing elders to have to come to court and publicly testify about what they know in particular child abuse cases within their congregations . The Watchtower society hates publicity , as evidenced by their out of court settlements in the shadows of the dark alleys with 16 witness abuse victims in 2007 ! So being forced to testify will be more bad publicity for the witnesses in the public forum. It will also be interesting as well to see if the "mother " governing body supports these elders in their testimony - or throws them under the bus as they do elders calling from phone booths about child abuse ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

I think they must have known this was coming. Wasn't there some GB guy giving out new light recently, about the possibility that JWs will have to geographically isolate themselves, and that the "King of the North" might soon be attacking them?

The US justice and media system look awfully damn north to me. Well, northern hemisphere, at least.

All you have to know is that no matter what the end result is, the WTS will find some way to use that result as justification for their beliefs. If they win, they'll say they've been victorious, and they are therefore the truth. If they lose, they'll say the system hates them, and they are therefore the truth.

It sure would be nice to see them felled by something they didn't see coming or didn't plan for.

• karter
    karter

''clergy confidentiality '' my ass if i told the elders id had an affair they would be around telling my wife in 5 mins

• flipper
    flipper

P SEATTLE 2 - Yeah, it would be typical " cult lingo " and damage control for the Watchtower society to say that the pedophiles in their organization are being persecuted and , they are just imperfect, and Satan is trying to attack these " reformed " a$$wipes even though they repented. I can just see the spin doctors working hard in the governing body. Sick

• horrible life
    horrible life

Flipper, do you know what the "cure" rate on a pedophile? I would love to be in the courtroom, if the lawyers brought up that they were reformed!!! LOL

• flipper
    flipper

HORRIBLE LIFE- I know, there is no cure rate . Pedophiles always re-offend . That's why the Watchtower society is so ignorant about this issue

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit