What a peacefull bunch we are

by shell69 10 Replies latest jw friends

• shell69
    shell69

I read a lot more than I ever post on the www.

However I do read my local news website daily. its www.theboltonnews.co.uk.

I flicked through a couple of times today, and there was an article regading a 'no smoking' bus that was touring the town. A journalist had visited the bus and written a very positive report about what she experienced there, and how it had encouraged her to give up smoking. As a smoker myself (yes I know... its bad), I appreciate comments from a smoker and the effect this visit had upon her thinking.

Anyhows... I digress. Before too long comments started to appear about this article, with gradual insults thrown in, the reporter pictured was overweight/ insults about obesisty etc etc etc,

Before you knew it, local comments were refering to blowing up all the local mosques, and on and on it went!

Well, when I got home the thread had been removed fromt he website, evidently it had got out of hand!

But is got me thinking, we have a massive diversity of people who post on this site, and very few of us have the comfort of communitcating via this board with people we live with locally and know local communtiy issues.

Disagreements in oppinions do sometimes arise. This is true, I know there have been occasions where I have disagreed with views expressed, and will make a response.

However, I personally have never seen the level of abuse and insults being thrown about on this board as I have on the site named above.

I think YOU ARE ALL great!

Shell69

• SirNose586
    SirNose586

That's because we're all here for a specific reason. News websites--and Youtube especially--can be a repository for the most banal and revolting comments around.

Oh, the joys of an anonymous interweb.

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

We were all sheep who lost our shepard.

• Barbie Doll
    Barbie Doll
    I think YOU ARE ALL great!

I know we are all great! We are the best.

• ninja
    ninja

shut it smelly shelly.....he he.....did you expect anything else from da ninja?....cheers mrs

• berylblue
    berylblue

That's only because I'll get banned if I communicate in my usual manner. I have a short fuse and a hot temper and I don't suffer fools well.

But, of course, I love everyone here too! Doesn't it show?

• berylblue
    berylblue

And, because I'm so peaceful, I won't mention the typo in your subject line. You actually seem like a nice person. I used to be nice, but to hell with that. Gets you no where fast.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

We all became brothers and sisters when we joined the org. They told us if we left that we could not contact them or each other. They have a conditional brother/sisterhood. But, we've left. We don't let them put conditions on us anymore. And the sibling bond we formed while inside the org, well it hasn't been broken. It's still there, only now it's much stronger and much better. The bond has only the normal conditions of friendship that non jw's have. So pretty much, we are more like family/friends. That is why we're peaceful.

There were some positives about the org, believe it or not as Jack Palance used to say. We learned prejudice and racism were not cool or acceptable. We learned it wasn't cool just to go around beating people up and going to war. We did learn some civilty and some manners. And that carries over here.

But here's another thing. Most of us saw through the Pharisee type mind set of the governing body and the way it influenced the reality of being JW's. And that is why most of us have faded or not gone back after being kicked out or DA'd. We don't like that high falutin' superior attitude. We don't like that disdain for the weaker, more fragile jw's.

So.....we are just more civil. We aren't perfect at this, but we are pretty good at this. And I must add, that some do not like the moderation of JWD and whine about it, as if the mods here are Nazis or acting like JW's. I strongly suggest that the moderation of JWD also help keep the fighting down to a dull roar. I am thankful for it.

• shell69
    shell69

Oh NINJA!

you made an enemy. lol

there are only TWO people that call me 'shelley'.

My mother, and my bank manager.

I don't talk to either of them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shell (soz for posting a pathetic post!)

• Hortensia
    Hortensia

well, berylblue gave me a good laugh. This is a pretty respectful site for the most part, although everyone is capable of giving as good as they get. Sorry, Beryl, poor grammar there, no need to point it out.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit