Jah VERY Merciful -delaying the end

by stillajwexelder 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• hillary_step
    hillary_step

Yes, an ideal time to have bought Armaggedon would have been during the Middle Ages, when life was so outrageous. Imagine how much less work for the Angels to do if they slaughtered just the unfaithful who survived the Black Death. They could have done all their work in one weekend and still had time for a most heavenly barbacue.

Perhaps God likes killing people though. The more there are the merrier. My uncle, who was in the Treblinka Concentration Camp, once told me of two Ukranian guards who would practice their death strangle-grips on prisoners and take bets of who was the speediest at snapping the neck of the hapless prisoners who lined up terrified, awaiting their turn. I listened in depressed disbelief, until it dawned on me that 'Gods People' had done far worse than this and the God of the Bible patted their pointed little heads for doing so.

Then I just became cynical. ;)

HS

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

I still think there is too much that we do not know. Every explanation given here about the delay of the Big A seems understandable, but it is the result of imperfect human reasoning and thinking. EXJWELDER, I agree, I think the teachings of the WTBTS are subject to change, that's why I take everything they publish or put out with a grain of salt. But I think the basic premise is correct--Almighty God will at some point step in and intervene in this world, whether it is ten years from now or a thousand years from now, I don't know...

• dinah
    dinah

Owen, I get what you're saying.

But if He is such a loving God, why have people been growing old and dying, greiving for dead loved ones, being brutally slaughtered for thousands of years? It makes no sense.

If we were created in his image, it may explain why so many people have such a sadistic side.

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

The premise that god will step in seems more a human intuition based on the fear that humans will destroy planet Earths ecology and so god is needed to put a stop to them!

It almost seems amazing, if indeed god is intending to step in, that he hasn't done so already during the whole lifetimes of other believers who thought he was!

The proof by example there is that a person believing their whole life that god is about to step in any day soon is delusional and ought not to be considered!; .

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

Those are both understandable ideas, crusoe and Dinah, but, again, we only have our imperfect human minds to come up with these ideas. We are greatly limited in what we know and can even understand, IMO. My point was, I don't think we know enough to make a definite conclusion on the issue and timing of armageddon.

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

First, You atheists on the board, I'm not trying to start a debate, so don't engage me in one....lol...Dinah, you ask about God's permitting wickedness, suffering, etc. Just because he PERMITS it, does not mean he causes it or that he is unloving. would you deny a child a painful operation or medical care if you thought it was in the interests of their long term good health of that child to have it? of course not. I admit, sometimes it is difficult for us as puny humans with puny human brains to comprehend why wickedness and suffering has been allowed, but I believe we have to assume a Higher Power is in control...

• dinah
    dinah

Somehow I knew that painful operation illustration was coming in.

If I had the power to heal that child, I'd do that.............

• owenfieldreams
    owenfieldreams

That would be my first inclination, too, Dinah--do away with any pain and heal that person. But, again, that's a first response coming from flawed, human thinking, which is all we are capable of.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze

I'm not worried. I plan on living a life of debauchery, and then sneaking in at the last second. Six million witnesses, who will notice.

• keyser soze
    keyser soze
    we only have our imperfect human minds to come up with these ideas

Like the ideas of God and eternal salvation? The same imperfect human minds came up with these as well.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit