Jah VERY Merciful -delaying the end

by stillajwexelder 32 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• stillajwexelder
    stillajwexelder

It struck me like a thunderbolt at 4.00 am this morning while tossing and turning in bed. I used to say "Isnt Jehovah wonderful -he is being especially merciful by delaying the end so more people can come in the truth and be saved" The WTBTS representatives have said the same.

Problem here is that earths population grows about 20,000 per day (reference needed here) . Not even close to that come into the truth. So every day he delays mean he has to destroy even more at Armageddon (under current JW teaching). That is not merciful - it is the exact opposite of merciful.

The current teachings can not stay as they are

• choosing life
    choosing life

With that argument of mercy, God should have destoyed the first couple and a saved a lot more from destruction.

Never could understand why God would tolerate great amounts of suffering to benefit a few, as the jws teach. Maybe he needs to ask the ones who participate in all the suffering if it is worth it?

• MOG
    MOG

I personally think he is in it to save everyone..I just dont see the reason to send Christ to save a few..That will be a failure and he isnt one..

• R.Crusoe
    R.Crusoe

Maybe your figure is way down but then who am I to complain?

You are so right about the circular reasoning again - covering all the predictions they ever made, with obvious loving kindness as to why Armageddon hasn't arrived when expected!

• sir82
    sir82

Good point.

And even if one were to say, "Yes, but those 20,000 extra per day are getting a witness, so no one is destroyed unjustly..."

Well, what about China, India, and the Muslim world? Over 3 billion people, something like nearly half the world's population, with at most 30 or 40,000 JWs to cover them all. The "they're getting a witness" argument falls flat for them - likely 95+% of them have never even heard the term "Jehovah" or "Jehovah's Witness", and Jehovah's going to come swooping in and kill them all at Armageddon? And each day he delays, an additional 10,000+ will be eternally slaughtered by a God they never even heard of, never had a chance to accept or not?

Just 30 seconds of analytical thought is enough to blow gaping holes in most any JW doctrine.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

To add insult to injury, Jehovah would also be using an organization to deliver the life-saving WARNING that:

DOESN'T ADVERTIZE in major and minor magazines and newspapers

DOESN'T UTILIZE TELEVISION to get the word out

DOESN'T UTILIZE TALK RADIO to get the word out

DOESN'T UTILIZE THE INTERNET (effectively) to get the word out

RELIES ON INEFFICIENT DOOR-TO-DOOR SALES PRACTICES that have become increasingly outmoded in a modern world of technology and work

RELIES ON UNZEALOUS PUBLISHERS who are only concerned about getting a token amount of service to meet their monthly quota to get the elders off their back

WASTES RESOURCES on first world countries that have been saturated with JW evangelism while sending A TINY NUMBER of missionaries to heavily populated third world countries

• Homerovah the Almighty
    Homerovah the Almighty

Armageddon is nothing more than a marketing tool utilized and exploited by the WTS to increase their circulation of their literature ........The Truth

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

To much thinking going on here...I have a headache and must lie down!

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

Exactly.

Flip the switch at 7:05 PM and this group that got stumbled dies; wait another 15 hours and some of them jump back in while another group steps out.

Some cosmic hokey-pokey going on...

If indeed there's a "heavenly afterlife", I've concluded that *everyone* is gonna be there.

• Open mind
    Open mind

stilla:

earths population grows about 20,000 per day (reference needed here)

I did a thread a while back on this. It's tough coming up with an authoritative source, but I quoted a wikipedia article which cited the US Census Bureau. Here's an excerpt from my rant:

The US Census Bureau is predicting world population to grow from 6.8 billion in 2010 to 7.6 billion in 2020. That's a net increase of 80,000,000 more humans on this sphere every year.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_population

Dubs, currently at about 6.7 million, are increasing at about 2% per year, or 134,000.

Assuming that virtually all non-dubs ( and even some of the so-called "dubs" like myself ) will be slaughtered at the Big A, then we can compute the following:

80,000,000 minus 134,000 = 79,866,000. Close enough. I shouldn't even bother doing the subtraction. The 134,000 new drones aren't even statistically significant. So we can conclude that 80 million more corpses get added to the global genocide pile for every year that Armageddon gets postponed. This, BTW, from the same god who passes his time "counting the hairs of your head" and "noticing fallen sparrows".

And here's the thread if you want to have a look:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.com/12/134452/1.ashx

Good reminder Stilla.

This is one issue that my wife has come around pretty well on. She can't see Jehovah killing 6 billion humans. The only problem is I think she still thinks Jehovah's gonna smite JWs who fall away because they should KNOW BETTER.

DOH!!

OM

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit