PREACHING....................Boy! Didn't we look stupid

by nomoreguilt 12 Replies latest jw experiences

• nomoreguilt
    nomoreguilt

Looking back over the posts of the last few weeks by some, I really am embarrased over the amount of time I spent going door to door. We all imagined and then KNEW what the house holder must have been saying about us."There's them damn JW's again, preaching to us."

So, now that we all know what we were doing, we say the same thing about some here. "Here they are again, preaching to us."

I suppose to call these new ones as STUPID is rather a harsh thing to say. I guess I would just say that they are SLOW. Slow to catch on as to just WHO we really are these days. NOT INTERESTED!!!!!

NMG

• VoidEater
    VoidEater

I think for some this is a new sandbox, and folks go through not only a personal adjustment process of getting away from the programmed thinking, but also a board adjustment process figuring out how people respond (outside of the field service dynamic)...

...I know I did!

And still, a few will see this as a place for preaching a "different light".

I hope that I can keep growing up myself...

• compound complex
    compound complex

Hey, NMG:

I truly felt Jehovah was using me on his world stage - the so-called theatrical spectacle to men and angels.

My thinking has REALLY changed from those days ...

REALLY!

CoCo

• BluesBrother
    BluesBrother

You may be embarrassed now, but the mind set of the faithful dub is somewhat different. they are proud to be different , proud to be laughed and and have reviling and scorn poured on them. They are proud of that because they know that they will have the last laugh.

They cannot understand why the world is "too busy" to listen to a message that promises world peace. They are so proud that God chose them to carry his message to an unappreciative world.

We will all be made to eat our words, we will laugh on the other side of our faces when Armageddon does finally start . How funny will we find when the cosmic forces zap us to oblivion and the vultures satiate themselves on our fatty flesh and scatter our bones on the ground ..

If you and I really still believed in that delusion - I guess we would not mind looking stupid

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Yeah I feel like Oh damn the Witnesses calling again.....hide........can they hear the T.V?......I'll run out the back and ignore them.

• Satanus
    Satanus

The jw good news being preached in the 60's was that all these things will come to pass before the generation of 1914 passes off the scene. If those people i preached to remember that crap, then i would be in for a good razzing. Fortunately, i live far away from where i lived in the 60's.

S

• megaflower
    megaflower

I think they all look really stupid cramed into a minivan, 6-7 large adults. We had a few in my hall that were so overweight the poor vehicle leaned to one side. It was a sight to see these large older ladies climb out of the very back row to do a door and then cram their large bottoms back in.

• JAVA
    JAVA
    It was a sight to see these large older ladies climb out of the very back row to do a door and then cram their large bottoms back in.

This is now burned into my mind--Thanks a lot! There's nothing like giving a good witness.

• HSS1971
    HSS1971

Thats the most uncomfortable thing I ever engaged in in my life. I HATED making in-person cold-calls. HATED IT !

• shell69
    shell69

I always hated to knock on doors.. all my life,

but your thread jogged a distant memory

Back in the day when a pair of VERY youngs sisters would be allowed to work together, and here guys I'm talking about 9 or 10, I was out with my 'best friend' (hey you know it used to be)

We were working a really rough area in Little Hulton, Manchester. Houdeholder opens door and its my friends turn to 'go'.

She only starts talking in an american accent! OMG, I was shell shocked! But really struggled to stop myself laughing... until we got to the end of the path!

HOW STUPID MUST WE HAVE LOOKED!

Shell69

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit