Well, we went out after the memorial....

by megawatt 32 Replies latest jw experiences

• megawatt
    megawatt

After the memorial, we decided to go out and grab a bite to eat. My family and I went out with a witness couple that we consider close friends. For the last couple of weeks, I've expressed my views re: wts to my good friend openly and turns out he had the same thoughts and doubts as well. His wife, well that's another story.

Their marriage situation is not ideal to say the least and sometimes I can get uncomfortable around the two when they're going at. One of those situations came up saturday, but for some reason I was categorized in the same group with him and never been including in any of their spats, which leads me to believe she suspected "us" talking about the wts in a negative light.

As the usual sarcastic remarks went back and forth, between the 2, and ended up with her sayinig, "well, I can't wait for the new system to come where JENNY (Name changed, my wife) and I can get new husbands"...

For the first time in 8 years of knowing her, I was actually offended by what this person, my good friend's wife, had said. Anyone who knows me is well aware how "thick skinned" I can be, but for some reason this really pissed me off. The fact she spoke for my wife and for a moment I felt that my "better half" was hiding something from me, which lead me to open my mouth.

"Welp, if that's the case, you're gonna have to wait, just like those who WAITED and yearned for something better in 1914, 1925 and 1975", which she replied. "What happened in 1975 was to clean the congregation and they apologized for". I couldn't believe what I was hearing. "no they didn't" I said firmly. "at no point in time has this organization has taken full responsibility for misleading millions". And then the coversation stopped.

She never said bye to me when we left the restaurant.

Part 2 coming next....

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

WTF, she can't wait till the new system to get new husbands, what a bitch.

• flipper
    flipper

MEGAWATT - Excellent thread ! And excellent words you chose to cause " cognizant dissonance " in your friends. I like the part where you said , " at no point in time has this organization taken full responsibility for misleading millions " ! Classic statement, good job ! And good luck with your friends, Peace out, Mr. Flipper

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I can't wait for the new system to come where JENNY (Name changed, my wife) and I can get new husbands"...

"It could be a long way off. Why wait?"

"Even perfect, I don't know that anyone but him (point at husband) would marry you."

"You have already judged that us guys won't make it. Remember, you will be judged with
    the same judgment. I bet you will be right beside us when the birds find us."

(Pick the most aweful elder) "Brother Elder already claimed you as part of his princely rights."

• daniel-p
    daniel-p

For OTWO: OOHHhhhhhh!!!!!

• Wordly Andre
    Wordly Andre

(Pick the most aweful elder) "Brother Elder already claimed you as part of his princely rights." but bro elder only wants virgins and we all know she isn't

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I can't wait for the new system to come where JENNY (Name changed, my wife) and I can get new husbands"...

"It could be a long way off. Why wait?"

"Even perfect, I don't know that anyone but him (point at husband) would marry you."

"You have already judged that us guys won't make it. Remember, you will be judged with
    the same judgment. I bet you will be right beside us when the birds find us."

(Pick the most aweful elder) "Brother Elder already claimed you as part of his princely rights."

"Started coveting already? Tsk, tsk."

"Are you sure God can make you perfect in under 1000 years?"

"I hope you are like the angels in heaven in the resurrection (that you drop dead in this
    system of things and cannot remarry). Then you will
    1. know what kind of waiting for a good time your husband puts up with now.
    2. be able to put that frigidness to good use."

• truthsearcher
    truthsearcher

Note to self: stay on the good side of OTWO

• truthsearcher
  • Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

Pick an elder, any elder, and tell him what she said about wanting her husband dead so she can get a new one. Sounds like she needs some serious shepherding for lack of submission, lack of love, and tearing down her household with her own hands. What anyone else said is irrelevant. What she said is inexcusable, particularly if she thinks she's a good Jdub. I fear for her husband's safety.

(Matthew 5:21-22) 21 "YOU heard that it was said to those of ancient times, ‘You must not murder; but whoever commits a murder will be accountable to the court of justice.’ 22 However, I say to YOU that everyone who continues wrathful with his brother [her husband] will be accountable to the court of justice; but whoever addresses his brother with an unspeakable word of contempt will be accountable to the Supreme Court; whereas whoever says, ‘You despicable fool!’ will be liable to the fiery Ge·hen´na.

B the X

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit